(Closed) Invitation Wording

posted 4 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
78 posts
Worker bee

It my area it would be called a “ceremony followed by light refreshments”, not a “light reception” – that means an unenthusiastic reception, to me : )  I wouldn’t include a reception card. Also I’d let the cocktails be a pleasant surprise. 

Post # 3
47414 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Light refreshments would be the wording. I am assuming this reception will not occur over the hours when your guests would normally be eating a meal.

Post # 5
2939 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Since it is right at lunch time I would strongly advise you to think of some more options to offer your guests. What you have now is fine but you need something a little more substantial so everyone doesn’t starve. Maybe little sandwich sliders and chips? It doesn’t have to be expensive, it just needs to feed everyone. Or you could push the whole thing up by an hour.

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee

With all of that alcohol I would at least add some cheese and crackers, if not go for a full-on brunch or lunch!

Post # 9
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Fruit and cheese pairs well together, actually! Most cheese boards have fruit accompanied with cheese options. 

Post # 10
78 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
kattannerr :  I would do the fruit and cheese then, that sounds a lot better, not weird at all 🙂 

Post # 11
687 posts
Busy bee

I was struggling with this as well. My wedding is not a traditional wedding with dancing and a huge party. It’s basically a ceremony followed by dinner at a very fancy resturant (I only have about 35 guests). This is what I said: Ceremony to be followed by dinner and drinks. You could say something similar by subsituting the word dinner for something else. 

Post # 12
1410 posts
Bumble bee

2-4pm avoids meal time. 

If I was invited to a wedding from 10-1 I’d expect lunch. At the very least I’d expect very heavy hors d’ouvres with that much alcohol. You’ll probably get some early departures if you don’t serve lunch. 

Post # 13
3804 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I think ‘light refreshments to follow’ is right 🙂 no need for a whole separate card. 

Also out of curiosity, what kind of thing do they have at the veggie station? 

The topic ‘Invitation Wording’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors