- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
I’ve avoided posting wedding planning updates because I have been in a serious wedding planning depression (and secretly, I’m scared no one will reply). So here goes my attempt at getting some help. This has been one of the major things stressing me out and I’m really hoping someone has some idea’s for me.
So here goes. My invitations. My main nightmare. They have a fixed typography, I’m allowed to change the wording as long as I stay within the set typography.
I am so in love with these invites. I haven’t been able to find ANYTHING that compairs to them. My Mother-In-Law is going to pay for them since they’re way out of my budget! So I want to go for it if I can make it work!
Here’s what they look like:
What I like:
- Line 2: Saturday, The Ninth of September, Two Thousand and Eleven
- Line 3: At Three O’Clock in the Afternoon
- Line 9: Encore Dinner & Reception to Follow
Those are not my location or date details, so they will need to be changed, but those are all the easy bits.
The stuff I’m struggling on:
- Line 1: I don’t want it. It has 34 characters (includes spaces & fancy swirls)
- Line 4: I don’t want it. It has 43 characters (including spaces & fancy “and” symbol)
- Line 7: Break legs and hearts. It has 19 characters (that I want to change), & 55 characters in total (includes spaces & fancy “and symbol”)
I would like to go from theatrical, to somewhat traditional, or even to just get the point across that I would like you there.
Current Idea’s that I’m not sure how to incorporate:
- Invite you to join them in celebration of (although then what I like about Line 7 needs to be changed, but I don’t know how).
- You are invited to join (again, Line 7, I don’t want to say Join too many times)
- Your presence is requested?
- Please Join us?
- Something, something as they come together.
- Please Celebrate with: