(Closed) Invitations & Reception Cards (literally)… Please Advise!!!!!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

thats exactly what i was going to do too, but i am getting my invites printed on postcard size paper and then using cardstock to make them a little nicer…

ps…vistaprint is having a sale right now, and you can get 100 postcards or 250 business cards for free (you will have to pay around $5 for using your own design and shipping too)

Post # 4
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

By reception cards do you mean RSVP cards?

Just make sure they are big enough to mail back to you… they have to be a certain size for the USPS to mail them!

Post # 5
1580 posts
Bumble bee

I think it will look like you printed your reception cards on business cards. My opinion is that it would look better to reduce the quality of the entire invitation so that everything will match and be of the same quality.

Have you considered just printing the Reception information on the invitation itself?

Post # 7
2634 posts
Sugar bee

I personally don’t like this idea.  I’m not even a big “paper” person, but it just seems…..cheap (no offense!!). 

I’d either put the reception info on the invite or buck up and pay the additional money for reception cards.

Post # 8
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i think your invite is really pretty!! did you design them yourself or are you buying them from somewhere? i have been trying to find a cheap place to buy cardstock

Post # 12
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Yaaay, I’m glad it worked out so you could get what you really wanted!

Post # 13
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think that’s a good way to save money. I think what I will probably do is put the ceremony and reception information onto the invitation. Those are pretty invitations, where did you get them?

Post # 14
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it looks good.  I have seen many people do it.

The topic ‘Invitations & Reception Cards (literally)… Please Advise!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors