Invitations.

posted 11 months ago in Paper
Post # 2
6883 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Postcards have been pretty popular style, but there are tons that aren’t, and lots of websites to order from. A few that come to mind:

vistaprint

Shutterfly

Minted 

There’s also etsy & local companies. I got mine on vista (they often have 40-60% off sales), and they were not postcard style. 

Post # 3
2468 posts
Buzzing bee

Where have you been looking? I’m not sure if by “like a postcard” you mean the standard 4×6 rectantuglar printed card?  If so, what sort of invitation do you want?

I played around on Minted while trying to decide what sort of style I wanted with invitationa because their interface lets you customize the text online… for example, I was able to determine quickly that some styles wouldn’t work due to things like the length of a full name or the name of the venue (because it looked silly, had too much text, etc.)

Once I had a good idea of what sort of style I wanted, I wound up spending a lot of time looking at invitations on Etsy and I ordered a bunch of samples.  

Post # 5
6883 posts
Busy Beekeeper

honeyybunny :  Shutterfly has 100’s if not 1000’s of different styles, and no, not all of them are postcard style. They have 2 different standard sizes as well as Tri-fold. Are you even looking at these websites? 

Maybe you have something specific in mind? If that’s the case, you should probably work with a local designer so you can have them make your vision come to life. 

Post # 7
1175 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

We created ours through Vistaprint! Great quality, customer service, and very customizable. We designed the invitation suite layout on Word and had them printed on linen-finish cardstock (5×7”). RSVPs were on standard 3.5×5” linen-finish cardstock. We also designed our custom monogram together on Photoshop and had it made into a rubber stamp that we then used with embossing powder for that little extra something! 

Post # 10
1284 posts
Bumble bee

I actually got mine on Etsy too!  The woman was super nice to work with too, and allowed me to make several tweaks before I placed my order.  I’m sure there are lots of other vendors on Etsy who could help you too!

Karen and Patrick-11Karen and Patrick-4_1icm_fullxfull.88575402_hpk5lfcmq0ows4gwkw8w

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors