(Closed) Invited to a 5:30 pm wedding but no dinner will be served. Rude or OK?

posted 4 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Is it acceptable for a 5:30 PM wedding to not include dinner?
    Yes, it's fine. Weddings are expensive. : (59 votes)
    11 %
    No, that is terrible! Cheap! : (490 votes)
    89 %
  • Post # 212
    3442 posts
    Sugar bee

I no longer care about the food. I want to know what the bride and the guy were doing for an hour!

Post # 213
    1310 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

SLOBee:  maid of honor not bride. And I think it’s pretty clear what they were doing. 

Post # 214
    1455 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m just over here reading your updates like

you’re such a trooper. 

Post # 215
    3442 posts
    Sugar bee

Kaymar:  oh haha, too early for me to read correctly! Never mind then.

Post # 216
    941 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

Oh man…what a crap show for sure…

I can’t remember all the pages I read, but yea, get married at 1:30, have cake/punch after for everyone. Then that evening…have the reception for those invited to eat/dance. Simple 

Post # 217
    1987 posts
    Buzzing bee

raspberrybidet:  wrote, “They were definitely irritated by the rudeness but were also trying to make the most of seeing childhood friends, and were polite to the newly married couple [my emphasis].”

I’m going to have to try and remember to link this post for those threads where folks are looking for justifications for heinous behavior and then end up ignoring 95% of posters who are telling them that their idea is terrifically rude while saying “my friends and family are all totally fine with this so there.” The hard truth is that we often cannot trust our friends and family to tell us when we’re being rude–they would often rather lie to us or simply dodge the issue rather than tell us we’re being horrible.

Post # 218
    1888 posts
    Buzzing bee

raspberrybidet:  Yikes! Thanks for the update! I’m glad that at least you got some food. I was raised Catholic and I’ve never been to a two-hour mass, much less wedding ceremony, that sounds brutal!

The topic ‘Invited to a 5:30 pm wedding but no dinner will be served. Rude or OK?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors