(Closed) Invites I love but 600 dollar!?!

posted 5 years ago in Paper
  • poll: Invites
    If you love them get them : (7 votes)
    7 %
    I wouldn't pay that much : (96 votes)
    93 %
  • Post # 31
    9214 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

Do you have wine/beer/alcohol of some kind factored into the budget? As a guest, I’d rather the $6 a head that you’d spend on those fancy invites go towards me being able to enjoy a glass of wine or a nice cold beer at your wedding. #priorities

Post # 32
    234 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: City, State

Like others have said, I don’t think spending $600 on invitations is ridiculous in the general sense, BUT I do think it is ridiculous with your overall budget, this would be way too big of a chunk IMO.

Post # 33
    1130 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

I paid around $360 for 150 invites with RSVP cards.  That’s too much and your guest will thrown away after the wedding.  Save that money and use it for something better.  Good luck!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  MrsNino.
    Post # 34
    953 posts
    Busy bee

Your budget is so low I would never spend that much of it on something people are going to trash. 

What is your vision of what people (other than your parents) will do with them?

Post # 35
    1995 posts
    Buzzing bee

Nope.

People will throw them away after. So you’re paying $600 for trash.

Post # 36
    1338 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

bitsybee:  Can you have a lovely wedding for 100-200 people for 3k?  She’s sending 100 invites, I assume some of those will have 2+ names on them.  So if we split the difference and say that’s 150 guests, that is TWENTY DOLLARS a person.  Is a lovely wedding for $20 a head possible?  And I ask in all sincerity!  The idea makes me feel like I’m missing something?

I could hardly have a lovely lunch at my house for twenty bucks a head.  One that does’t require mailed invites, an officiate, a wedding gown, grooms attire, sound system, marriage license, bouquets, service staff or tips.  I could hardly do that for twenty bucks a head.  

So if one can have a lovely wedding for twenty bucks a head then I seriously need some pointers!  This is not at all an insult to anyone that has had such a wedding that was lovely.  I’m genuinely curious how!  

Post # 37
    5956 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2014

mrsHankins:  They’re really cute, but as a guest, I’d just toss it after awhile anyhow. So really not worth it.

Post # 38
    2878 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

lim3: i was trying to be nice — cake and punch reception in an extremely low cost of living area and EVERYTHING diy? Potentially?

I wouldn’t have 2 dresses for a total of 1k either, but that’s me. 

Post # 39
    11647 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2015

There doesnt seem to be a good grasp on budget here, OP. You’re going to have to pick your priorities and be realistic about what you can afford. 

Post # 40
    7413 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2014

I think your budget is unrealistically low. You’re thinking about 100 guests and budgeting $1000 for food. That’s barely enough to buy everyone a Subway sub and a bag of chips, let alone a more special meal like for a wedding.  I think you need to stop buying things at all for a bit, and draw up a proper budget.

Post # 41
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I wanted to get pocket envelopes invites but than I realized not only would it cost more to make but it also cost more to ship. I was like forget this on to vistaprint I go. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on something that people are going to throw out. 

BE REALISTIC when it comes to wedding planning. Every little thing adds up. Don’t get those invites. I would suggest if you really like those invites see if you can find something similar for a guestbook instead. 

Post # 42
    1318 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - NH

I fell in love with an invite on Mint.com that was 3x my budget.  I went with vistaprint.  I do still dream about those invitations lol, but in the end, it mattered to me…everyone else thought my invitations were cute.  I had a 10k budget and wouldn’t spend hundreds on invitations.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  orchidblooms.

The topic ‘Invites I love but 600 dollar!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors