(Closed) Inviting co-workers & bosses to the wedding: Yay or Nay?

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Did you/Will you invite your boss(es) and co-workers to your wedding?
    No way. Work stays at work : (25 votes)
    39 %
    Yes, I am/did invite both my boss(es) and co-workers : (21 votes)
    33 %
    Yes, I am/did invite my co-workers but not my boss(es) : (13 votes)
    20 %
    Yes, I am/did invite my boss(es) but not my co-workers : (5 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 3
    3220 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Fiance is inviting his boss and a few coworkers, I’m not. 

I work 15 hours a week as a receptionist at my graduate school.  He works 40+ at a real job.  He sees them everyday, they hear him talk about it, and he wanted to invite them so we’re going to. 

Post # 4
    939 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m inviting co-workers, and my boss, but Fiance is not.  I am close to my boss, and I like my co-workers well enough.  I know my boss will come, but I’m not sure about my co-workers as my wedding is about 2 hours away from where I work (back in my hometown)

Post # 5
    Hostess
    16213 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I invited my boss and immediate co-workers because at the time, it was only three people, all of whom I was close with (more like friends than co-workers). So it was easy for me.

I don’t see anything wrong with inviting your two primary agents if you feel close enough with them to have them there. 🙂

Post # 6
    2065 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I invited my boss and all my coworkers, but we’re a tiny company. There’s only 20 people and I’ve been here for 5 years so they’re like my big brothers at this point. I’d invite the ones you’re close with. As for the others, I wouldn’t expect a wedding invitation from someone I only occasionally work with if I were them.

Post # 7
    2406 posts
    Buzzing bee

If I had had a local wedding (had a DW), yes I definitely would have invited my boss and coworkers. 

Post # 8
    741 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

My Fiance is inviting his coworkers. Originally he was only inviting the one he knew for a few years, but he invited about 5 or 6 more. I think it is normal to invite people you spent a fair amount of time with. I have only been at my off

Post # 9
    7339 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I invited my close co-workers only. There’s a few girls that I cannot stand so they will not be getting an invite, I have 3 girls that I’m really close too so those will get one. My Boss can stay home cuz I can’t stand her.

Post # 10
    3770 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I have a limited guest list, so while I actually wanted to invite a lot of people from work, the people on my list are my original manager and my original coworkers (just 4).  My team has grown and is growing and I’m sure will change by the time of the wedding (over a year away!) but these are the people I feel closest to.  I would stick to the two that you interact the most with or feel like you have an actual relationship with.  Don’t feel obligated to invite everyone!

Post # 11
    5371 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada ♥ EDD- April 2016

I’m inviting my immediate co-workers because they’re like my family (: I’ve kind of grown up with them, but then I’m not inviting my boss because we want to keep it intimate.

Post # 12
    2233 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I work for myself so no coworkers or bosses but Fiance works full time in an office and he’s not inviting any coworkers. We’re trying to keep our guestlist small and intimate. Everyone who is invited are people we both know and have met several times and are people who are going to be around in our lives.

Post # 13
    741 posts
    Busy bee

My Fiance is inviting his coworkers. Originally he was only inviting the one he knew for a few years, but he invited about 5 or 6 more. I think it is normal to invite people you spend a fair amount of time with. I have only been at my office for a few months, so even though there are only four of us and we get along well, I don’t really feel like I know them well enough to invite them.

Post # 14
    5670 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

I invited the people that I work closely with every day and shared a lot of the wedding planning with. However at that time I had about 150 employees that I worked with and invited less than 10. I don’t think anyone was insulted as I invited just the people I was close with.

Post # 15
    181 posts
    Blushing bee

Didnt want the dramas at work so i didnt invite work mates.

Having said that, I invited two people from work whom i have dinner every friday night for the past 4 years. We dont work in same department.

Post # 16
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Bent Creek Winery (Livermore, California); Reception: Family Residence (San Ramon, California)

I invited a few former co-workers, but mainly because we’re actually friends (in fact, some of them are my best friends!).

The topic ‘Inviting co-workers & bosses to the wedding: Yay or Nay?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors