iphone : (44 votes)
    64 %
    droid : (25 votes)
    36 %
  • Post # 32
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I love my Droid!!!  I have the HTC one which doesn’t have the pull out keyboard, but that wasn’t important to me.  The on screen one works just fine.  There are a ton of free apps (including a starbucks finder that uses your gps signal to tell you where the nearest starbucks is at all times!)

Post # 33
    14181 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

LOL…i have an iphone and I love it. And I have no complaints about AT&T where I live. It’s pretty good, service-wise.

I don’t use my iphone as an ipod replacement though. I use it for phone, email, and applications. No music. Cuz if i start using it to work out, it SUCKS the battery away (i can easily eat up the battery during the day, just playing on it), i’d probably be more likely to break it.

Post # 34
    1251 posts
    Bumble bee

http://www.droiditunes.com/

There about a zillion apps for Droid that let you transfer and edit your mp3 files. I had the USB cable still from my BlackBerry, so all I have to do is plug my phone into my mac with my usb cable. Then I use DoubleTwist (the app above) to drag and drop files onto my phone. It works for video too.

Post # 35
    3525 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

iPhone! iPhone! iPhone!

I always think of the droid as the phones for people who can’t afford the iPhone. Which means that everyone prefers iPhone! Hahaha.

In all seriousness I love my iPhone. My friend was looking into getting an iPhone and couldn’t see paying the monthly fee (which I really don’t think is that much in comparison) and ended up getting the droid. She seems to like it?

I think service depends on area. Which if you gets better service? You with AT&T or Fiance with Verizon?

Post # 36
    1251 posts
    Bumble bee

@gerbera. The Droid and the iPhone are the same price. So your theory is a little wacky.

And you still pay a monthy data plan on the Droid, so that’s the same price too.

Post # 37
    3525 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@IlikePink,

I was kidding.

Corgi will understand my humour. Laughing

I never looked into the Droid but that was my friend’s reasoning in getting the Droid because she said the monthly rate is cheaper than the AT&T monthly rate.

By The Way, Corgi, if I’m reading it correctly it looks like Verizon is running a buy one get one free on the Droid phone!

And if you’re in school AT&T offers 20% off on your monthly bill.

ETA: I found THIS rate comparison

Shoulda known better to take my flaky friend’s word on Droid being cheaper! I really don’t know why she got a Droid then because she really wanted the iPhone!

Post # 39
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Get the iPhone! 

Post # 40
    1049 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 1998

I have an itouch so I’m really familiar with the Iphone interface. I have a Droid as a cell phone. I like the droid, but it can be clunky – the touch is not as responsive and it sometimes freezes which can be a drag. However, you have to take into account that it’s a much newer technology than the iphone and given that it’s really great. I like the alerts that allow you to see if you have new e-mails, messages, etc. without taking you out of what you’re doing. It also allows multitasking which Iphone doesn’t. I do like the Iphone interface better, but that’s partly because I’m just more familiar/comfrotable with it. It didn’t take me long to learn to use the Droid though – it’s really intuitive. And Verizon is just lightyears better than AT&T. I think Droid is the way to go.

Post # 41
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Also maybe wait to see the new iPhone that is coming out.  Some marketing exec from Apple “Accidentally” left a prototype at a bar in silicon valley, and it looks cooler than ours.  We’re thinking about updating when it is time.

Post # 42
    1251 posts
    Bumble bee

As a self-admitted only child with princess tendencies, I had the same worries as you Corgi. I like to have the best of everything.

I kind of feel like the iPhone is the Audi TT of phones. The Droid is like the Volvo S80. They might cost the same, but something just seems so glam about the Audi. It feels more rich. But the Volvo is more dependable and more practical. It’s a tough choice. (One that I wish I could make, but I ride a pretty bicycle instead…haha.)

And now that I sound like a total snooty princess…. I totally understand your pain. I have mild iPhone envy, until I am sitting next to a friend with an iPhone who can’t even look up the number for a resturant online because her 3G is so slow. Or can’t take a decent snapshot since her camera has no flash.

Honestly, I would have been happy with a switchable faceplate Nokia after having the Blackberry Storm. That thing gave me anxiety attacks.

Post # 43
    1049 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 1998

Also, I use my Droid for music – it has as much memory as my itouch and I was able to use all the same music files I use on Itunes. No conversion needed. One thing you should remember is that the droid allows much freer music sharing than the iphone – Mac is notoriously tight with that kind of thing which totally sucks. I use Pandora more than anything, but I have tons of albums on my Droid and movies too.

Post # 45
    651 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Where’s the I have an Iphone but it’s terrible and I hate it button?  Ugh…it’s bad.  I mean yea cool apps, omg cool it’s iphone, but do you actually want to use your phone to talk on?  Do you actually want to talk for longer than 5 minutes?  Get a droid (I will be when my contract is up!).  I live in a large city and get way too many dropped calls for it to be worth it.

Post # 46
    1251 posts
    Bumble bee

I really ended up with the Droid just because I am still on my family plan (I’m still in college), and it was what I could get on Verizon. My step-dad is a defense contractor in Afghanistan, and we couldn’t get AT&T because of the way International Calling works on their network. And I am not going give up my free phone and calling plan just for an iPhone. And it just happened to work out that I ended up loving my Droid. Yay.

The topic ‘iphone v. droid: the showdown’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors