(Closed) Irish Wedding October 2013

posted 6 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Irish Stew and Soda Bread? “Irish makes me think of green, so maybe have your centerpieces sitting on green moss?

Post # 4
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Americano:  I agree. Moss runners for the table, lace doilies or lace handkerchiefs, blue and gold or copper stained glass candle votives, use celtic knots, you can do a handfasting for the ceremony using green, navy blue, gold and white ribbon, look on google or ebay for a celtic cake topper, I picture lots of earth tones for your wedding but rich earth tones-chocolate brown, deep navy, hunter or emerald green, copper, gold, whites to pop. Use vibrant earth tones and really have fun with Nature which the Irish are big on, family, knot work and tradition 🙂 

For favors- http://www.weddingfavorsunlimited.com/Irish_Wedding_Favors.html

Or you can do a bucket with seed backets that have a personal note and a celtic knot. They can plant flowers to share the joy of the day with everyone, or tree seeds so they can plant a tree that will be rooted for new generations to enjoy…

Have a new tree exchange where someone from your family gives you both a tree to plant at your new home so that you can put down roots, have love that always grows and you can grow together just like the new tree.

You can also do Pennies taped to a little poem about making a wish for the newly married couple and then have an Irish wishing well that they can come up, make a wish and toss the penny into the well.

Just some ideas 🙂

The topic ‘Irish Wedding October 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors