(Closed) Irregular AF.. Help! (Possibly TMI)

posted 5 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
28 posts
  • Wedding: October 2014

As someone who has tried probably 10 different pills (or combinations thereof) over the over the last ~13 years, I would recommend that you get yourself to a specialist (gynecologist; not GP). All of the GPs that I saw would suggest that i just hadn’t found the right pill yet but after three different combos with a specialist, she convinced me that exploratory surgery was necessary. They found stage 3 endometreosis. Parts of my endometrium had cemented internal organs in place that are normally free floating. Aside from years of super moody PMS and extreme cramping, I also had some digestive issues that turned out were also related. After having the surgery, which turned into laseroscopy (which was nearly painless by the way — I was back at work the next day and had only minor discomfort compared to the monthly extreme pain I had been facing at that time of the month), I recommend to nearly everyone that I meet with similar problems that they should see a specialist. Had I left it longer or put off the surgery, I would have decreased our chances at fertility and put up with unnecessary pain & PMS feelings for longer than needed.


So I guess that all is point number 1. Point number 2 (sorry for the rant), I would say that no, this doesn’t sound all that typical for getting used to a new pill that is *working* and I would do your best to see someone a few levels higher than a GP.


Good luck!!

The topic ‘Irregular AF.. Help! (Possibly TMI)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors