(Closed) Is 100 wedding photos enough?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My photographer does about 100 pictures PER hour of photography…but I’m paying quite a bit more than you are…

Post # 4
5662 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m curious, are the edited photo’s ones that he has specifically touched up for red eye, fly aways etc? Or EVERY photo that he is going to provide to you? My photographer is providing us with all photo’s that aren’t horrid, in high resolution, but is only “editing” up to a 5×7 print size, so if we want to print an 8×10 of an edited one we will have to ask for it/pay for it.

Post # 5
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

For 3 hours of shooting we received over 200 edited photos.

Post # 6
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I got 1200 pictures from my photographer. Covering from first look to first dance..

I personally dont think 100 is very much at all, but then again you definitely dont need 1200 either..

Post # 7
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I don’t think that is enough if that is ALL the pics you’ll be getting.  if that is just edited pics and then you get more unedited ones on a CD then I say that is fine.

Post # 8
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

It might be good to ask to see his unedited work so you’ll know what to expect. 

I had a package kind of like yours. We got the DVD of all the pictures basically straight from the camera, and then we chose which 20 to have edited.  From those 20 I chose those that would be framed, etc. The rest of our photos (family portraits, etc) didn’t really need much more editing. I did the basics with simple programs like picassa and then used them in the albums I put together. I think it worked out well, and I still had the edited pictures to frame. 

Post # 9
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

That’s really low. Like PP suggested, you should ask him if that means fully retouching and he can give you just the color corrected files. I’m a wedding photographer and I tell clients to estimate 75-100 per hour. That’s only color corrected keepers (no blinks, etc) and if they want more retouching, it’s extra. But 100 for 7 hours is crazy. My blog post favorites can be anywhere from 30-100 photos!

Post # 10
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We got to choose from 96 photos. We had about an hr of shooting (ceremony and after ceremony). We could have bought them all, but to be honest, I didn’t like about 15 of them. 

Post # 11
914 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My photographer is only going to be with us for 2 hours and she said I will get around 400 images.

Post # 12
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We got 200 pictures from our engagement shoot (1.5 hours), so I think that is pretty low. Not all of them are perfect facial expressions or anything, but those were edited to a minor degree.  And our photographer is super affordable!

But it’s all about what you want, you don’t NEED a zillion photos if you get 100 realy, really good ones!

Post # 14
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I got 1,398 photos edited and a full day of shooting, but we also paid 5 times more than what you are paying.

Will he let you choose the photos he edits? Can you get the rest unedited?

Post # 15
774 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My photog is taking unlimited pictures, editing some, then giving us all of the originals too. She is charging 500, and its for an 8 hour day.

But I dont think 100 is enough at all. Why are they only taking 100? If you supply them with a large memory card, could you just get them all on that back?

Post # 16
3947 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

No, no, no.  So far from enough.  I got 980.  

The topic ‘Is 100 wedding photos enough?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors