(Closed) Is 11:00 am too early for a bridal shower?

posted 6 years ago in Parties
  • poll: Is 11:00 on a Saturday too early for a shower?
    No, 11:00am to 1:00 is fine for a bridal shower. : (58 votes)
    83 %
    Yes, too early. Have the shower later and get to the bachelorette destination later. : (12 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    11418 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

That time is perfectly fine for a bridal shower, as long as the hosts will be providing lunch for the guests and not just light snacks.

ETA:  I should have said lunch or brunch.  My bridal shower was during a similar timeframe. My friends hosted an absolutely wonderful, delicious brunch for my shower! 🙂

Post # 5
    11418 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

@StormyStar:  I was just editing my comment when you posted your update! That sounds perfect! 🙂

Post # 6
    1749 posts
    Bumble bee

@StormyStar:  I think it is the perfect time. You can serve little cute sandwhiches, tea or even brunch. I love the time choice.

Post # 7
    Hostess
    23597 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

A lunchtime bridal shower sounds perfect! 😀

Post # 8
    1068 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

My bridal shower was at 11:00 am. There was delicious brunch food, mimosas, and bloody marys! Everyone loved it!

Post # 9
    Hostess
    3782 posts
    Honey bee

I think it’s a fine time. Out of the 6 showers I’ve been to in the past 3 years have all been brunch/lunch time. I think it’s something of tradition in my circle. 

ETA: 4 bridal, 2 baby

Post # 10
    68 posts
    Worker bee

If it was just the shower then I would say make it a little later, but since you have to drive so far, the earlier the better. 

Post # 11
    153 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013 - The bride's hometown United Methodist Church near Kalamazoo

I actually thought all bridal showers were at brunchtime until very recently (my cousin threw me one at 7 PM, which was great but threw me for a loop!). So I think that a 11 AM brunch shower would be perfect!!

Post # 12
    9053 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I think an 11am brunch is lovely.

Post # 13
    11747 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

No mine was at 11 am it was a gorgeous and yummy brunch complete with mimosas of course! It was perfect. 

Post # 14
    4464 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I think it’s fine and whoever is throwing the shower should have brunch type foods, etc.

Post # 15
    486 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

11 sounds good, but 2 hrs could be short if you want to spend time with everyone, have lunch, play games, and open gifts. Then there’s packing up the gifts to cart home.

Post # 16
    2084 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

Seems like great time for you as your timeline will permit!!!

The topic ‘Is 11:00 am too early for a bridal shower?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors