(Closed) Is $119 too much?

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
  • poll: what do you think of a $119 hotel room? and how much did you save on your room block?
    $119 is a good deal : (56 votes)
    44 %
    $119 is a meh deal : (43 votes)
    34 %
    I saved less than 10% off the rate : (6 votes)
    5 %
    I saved 10-25% : (16 votes)
    13 %
    I saved 25-50% : (6 votes)
    5 %
    I saved more than 50% and I am a goddess : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    7587 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

That’s was the hotel rate I had for my block and I live in Connecticut. So for the midwest it seems a little pricey to me. Plus that was 30% off of the rate.

Post # 4
    541 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I was able to get 79 per night at our hotel, but our city is smaller than Cleveland and I don’t think as expensive. I don’t think the 119.00 is too unreasonable though. I travel  for work, and I’ve spent 250-350 for hotel rooms in smaller cities in the Northeast, and that’s with our corporate discount.

Post # 5
    2891 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

It is a little high but I would tell the sales person that and see what he can do for you.  They are in the business of selling so unless you are getting married at a busy time they might discount it for you rather than let it sit empty.

Post # 6
    113 posts
    Blushing bee

my room block is 98$ with breakfest. i dont think its terrible! but im sure if you asked to work something out if you get so many blocked rooms booked maybe like 100$ a room

Post # 7
    2116 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I cannot get anything under 150$ in DT Chicago, our guests are going to stay in the suburbs near my mom’s house for about $110-$120 a night so I’d say thats a good deal!

Post # 8
    123 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

That does sound pretty pricy for Cleveland (born and raised lol). If it’s one of the pricer downtown hotels then that sounds okay but if it’s a marrott in the burbs then I think you should try and get it down a bit.

Post # 10
    4336 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

oh, sorry, I voted it’s a “meh deal,” but I didn’t realize that there wasn’t a worse answer. I don’t think it’s amazing, but I don’t think it’s bad either! (It’s pretty much exactly what my guests are paying, and it’s a pretty nice hotel, but I have no idea what the original price is.)

Post # 11
    2947 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I don’t think it’s bad either, but I’ve never been to Cleveland and the rate our hotel is giving us is insane. Is it near your venue?

Post # 12
    4371 posts
    Honey bee

I’m not sure, but it sounds a little expensive for the midwest to me. You should at least get some kind of discount

Post # 13
    511 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

thats a great rate!!!

We have room blocks at the Westin in Costa Mesa cali and they usually charge 190!

I think we got them for 133 though.

Post # 15
    171 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

for cleveland, that seems like way too much, unless you’re talking about the Ritz at Tower City.  A quick online search cited me $101 for the Lakeside Doubletree Hilton, and that’s without a discount for a block of rooms.  I’d call around to see what some of the other hotels can do for you.

Post # 16
    404 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I book hotel blocks for work events on a regular basis in cities all over the country- $119 is a great rate, trust me.

The topic ‘Is $119 too much?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors