(Closed) Is $150 too much for Bridal Makeup?

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
12248 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think mine’s $65 for a pretty generic look. Make sure you get a free/reduced rate make up trial to make sure she’s as good as she says she is!

Post # 4
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Is this JUST for makeup? My hair AND makeup is going to cost $150. If it’s JUST for makeup, she better be amazeballs.

Post # 5
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Wow. I paid for myself, four bms, and my mother and it cost me $40 total.

Post # 6
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

My airbrush is 75.. that includes a free consultation and trial!

Post # 7
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think it varies by region. To put it into perspective, if you go into a department store and get your makeup done by a MAC artist, it’ll cost you $65 worth of products. Here you are paying 2x that, but she’s coming to you (I assume).

FWIW, I paid a little over $300 (including tip) for both hair and makeup. This is about average in my area. This is excluding the trial.

Post # 8
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Wowzaa! I think thats very expensive! My dad’s bride (now my stepmother) went to my personal hairdresser on the day of her wedding. She was able to get a gorgeous half-up-do, amazingly fresh and young looking make up, and a fresh coat of nailpolish, all for 90$! 

Maybe this artist of yours is an amazing one! But for that price she should at least provide a free trial. Make sure you do a trial! It also doesnt hurt to shop around some more, just to have a second or third option 🙂

Post # 9
8424 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Thats exactly what I paid and I had airbrush! Sounds pretty typical of average cost of makeup really.

Post # 10
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@itsmeamy86:  That’s a great deal! I paid $400 for a trial and day of. 

Post # 11
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

My hair and makeup (airbrush and false lashes) came out to a little under $300-in a vegas hotel.  I think it really depends on area.  But I’m assuming your getting a bit more than the average make up

Post # 12
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am paying $150 for airbrush makeup and false lashes. Others may think it’s a bit much, but this woman is supposed to be the best in our area and for the amount I’m paying for professional photos, I better look freaking perfect 😉 plus I am getting a great deal on my hair through a friend so I splurged a little on the makeup side. 

Post # 13
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Tricky question. My makeup is $45. and Hair is $65. I am having my hair and makeup done by a salon that specializes in wedding hair and makeup. They travel all over the US doing bridal shows.

ANYWAYS—-There are a few things I will not bargain on with the wedding.. Photography, Hair & makeup. Those 3 things is what will make you look your absolute BEST. It sounds like 150 is a big pricy for makeup only—but if she is as good as people say they it would be a good investment.

Post # 14
1307 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

If she really is amazing- i’d definitely pay that.

Post # 15
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think it really depends on where you are. I’m paying $185 for airbrush make up and  that includes my pre-wedding consultation and eyelashes. That price also includes travel, since she is going to be coming to me to do my makeup. Honestly, if she’s the best, I would do it. You’re going to have these pictures forever and you want to look your best. 

Post # 16
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wow!  I think that’s crazy!  I paid $35 for makeup and got my hair done for free – the salon I went to does free bride hair with at least 5 paying bridesmaids getting theirs done.  But that’s ND for ya.  🙂

The topic ‘Is $150 too much for Bridal Makeup?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors