Is $1500 unreasonable?

posted 3 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
3443 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

In my area a $1500 venue rental fee is a steal. Thats our venue cost but only bc its on a Sunday. I would be happy and not even concern myself with others opinions. You love it and you’re paying for it yourselves. 😉 Congrats

Post # 3
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I don’t think it’s unreasonable, but that could be because of where I live. My venue wouldn’t rent for less than $2,000 even during the winter months. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Post # 4
919 posts
Busy bee

Your family may think it’s a lot, but in Wedding Land, that’s a fricken steal. I’m in SC so things aren’t crazy expensive at all, but I’m still paying $1400 just for chairs for 100 people. You get tables and a venue for even more people! Go for it before it books up! 

Post # 5
2844 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Decent venues here run $3000+ so I would say you are in a great range! The venue we are strongly considering is $3500 and we haven’t been able to find anything cheaper. 

Post # 6
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

This would be the bargain of a lifetime in my area!!!! 

Your $ = your decision!

Post # 7
839 posts
Busy bee

It would be considered high in my area.  Have you gotten quotes from other places? If you love it you should probably book it.

Post # 8
955 posts
Busy bee

It really depends on your area! If the barn is in good condition, it sounds pretty good to me. It’s definitely good that they include tables and chairs. 

Some other things to consider: How long can you be there? Will you need a dance floor? Does your caterer need a kitchen? Is there ample lighting, or will you have to bring in your own (string lights/lanterns/etc)? Bathrooms? MC hookups for music/speeches? Some of these things may need to be rented and therefore make it more expensive in the long run.

It may depend on where you live, but for a comparison, we got our venue for $1500, which included a wedding-specific chapel and reception hall (equipped with MC hookups and catering kitchen, tables and chairs, optional projector/projection screens) which was all indoors so there was ambient lighting and bathrooms of course…and 8 hours of use, total. Looking around at venues in my area, it was actually one of the cheapest options for our amount of guests (150), and I don’t live in a super big city or anything.  

If you’ve been hunting around for venues for awhile, I’m sure you know the average price of things pretty well. If you think you could get better for $1500 in your area, might be worth hunting a bit longer if the barn doesn’t cater to all your needs.

Post # 9
5582 posts
Bee Keeper

I don’t think the rental is too high but you need to see what else you would have to rent. As an example, I’ve heard that people have had to rent porta potties for barn weddings and what not.

It depends on the barn.

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee

if you are your Fiance love it then I say go for it. It does depend on your location, but as long as it is reasonable for your area then i think you should book. Is it possible your family doesn’t know the cost of venues? 

Post # 11
1288 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Omaha, NE

That is a STEAL. I booked a public park and indoor pavilion that only has picnic benches, no chairs or regular tables, and that was $900, and that’s the literal cheapest venue in my town lol (my dream luxury venue is $6000 for a saturday 😨😨😨

If you love it and it’s within budget, then go for it!

Post # 13
569 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
buzzybee44 : 

1) If it’s within your budget, its not too much.

2) If you’re paying for your own wedding, others don’t need to tell you how to spend your money.

Post # 14
7892 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

It seems like a reasonable price for what you’re getting since it was built specifically for weddings.

Post # 15
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
buzzybee44 :    In my area that would be unheard of. Our venue was almost $5k and its one of the cheapest in the area. Take the deal you lucky girl!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors