Is $15,000 a good wedding budget for a wedding in Saint Louis?

posted 6 months ago in Money
Post # 2
2284 posts
Buzzing bee

I think that’s definitely a reasonable budget — even more so with the dress not included in the budget. The only thing I’d be careful of is how much the wedding planner will charge, as that could eat up a decent chunk. 

Your best bet is to start making a spreadsheet and pricing venues and caterers in your area, as those will be your biggest expenses. If you can find a venue that allows you to BYOB that can save a lot of money. Figure out how much those things will cost, and from there you’ll see how much you have to spend on the rest of the details, like music, decor, makeup, accessories, shoes, etc. 

Post # 3
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - Country/barn

I live in a small town in MO just a couple hours from st louis. My budget is $10,000 and that’s including my dress. My venue, photographer, and dress are my biggest expenses so far. I think your budget is definitely enough! 

I’m just starting the planning process so I don’t have a lot of advice to give yet. But like you, I’m not doing a lot of fresh flowers and my venue really isn’t going to require a lot of decorations. 

Post # 4
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2019

I live in the suburbs of St. Louis (Illinois side) and you can absolutely have a beautiful wedding in the area for $15k! Especially with that size of a guest list, since food/drinks go off head count and get very expensive with the more guests you have.

Post # 5
500 posts
Busy bee

You can totally do it. My all in expense was less than $7K. You will be good!

Post # 6
2218 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Courthouse

ebonyt93 :  Yay fellow St. Louisian! 

I didn’t get married in STL but a LOT of my friends and family have. I think if you get a modest venue and don’t go too overboard with the extras that will be plenty! 

I think it’s also pretty easy to save quite a bit by not doing a designer dress, making your own decor and centerpieces. 

Post # 7
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

I actually am getting married in STL in March! Our budget is only slightly bigger and we are having 300 people! There are a lot of great places you can get for relatively inexpensive! I’m not sure of a good place for 80 because we only looked at places that could seat 300+ people! We are doing NEO on Locust for our reception. It is really cool and you can bring in your own catering to keep the cost down! Pappys is very reasonable!! 

Post # 12
1361 posts
Bumble bee

ebonyt93 :  We are doing the upstars room there, but the downstairs holds less. We saw it set up for 250 when we looked and it looked fairly full (like I was freaking out about geting in an extra 50 people!) I would say that if you like it, go for it! I know they are pretty booked next year, we are getting married in March, vs. the summer like we wanted beacuse of their availability! 

I think if you did a big dance floor, some extra coctail tables around the bar, and then maybe do like a lounge area, it could work! It may look a little big, but if you like it, you can just spread out the tables! Are you doing a live band? They will take up some room and fill in “space” as well. We are and I am kind of freaking out that we can get all of our stuff in there! 

Post # 14
1361 posts
Bumble bee

ebonyt93 :  That is fantastic! I’m so glad you got it! I love that place! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors