(Closed) Is $200 a lot for a tuxedo rental for a groomsman and ring bearer?

posted 5 years ago in Grooms/men
  • poll: Is $200 (each) a lot for a tuxedo for a groomsman and ringbear?
    Yes : (10 votes)
    34 %
    No : (18 votes)
    62 %
    Other : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    2254 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

It sounds about right if it includes everything, minus underwear and socks. We recently went to Al’s Formal wear to inquire about tux rentals and were quoted approx $190 which includes the suit, vest, tie, shirt, shoes, and cufflinks.

Post # 4
    4275 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

Yes. Our groomsmen actually bought suits for that much.

Post # 6
    3183 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I can’t tell you about ring bearers but that’s about what ours were before the discounts.  We got some money off and we decided to distribute it evenly among everyone except the Dads, so they paid the full $200 price. We figured they had more money to burn.

Post # 8
    1190 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Ours are about 230ish CDN which includes everything (shoes, socks, tux, pocket napkin, cufflinks). There were cheaper ones but we got the Vera Wang ones which are supposed to be the lightest weight which is good for summer.

We didn’t get a ring bearer one because the parents actually bought him one becuase it was cheaper. But I believe it was the same price to rent which I thought was kind of silly!

Post # 10
    388 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

It’s a lot… but it’s also the standard now.  In Virginia at Men’s Warehouse we rented Calvin Klein tuxes and it was $180 per person with a $40 discount 🙁 

Post # 11
    1190 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@Mrs.Lotus:  That was the selling point! At Moores (Canadian version on Mens Wearhouse) said that they were the lightest and had the most breathability. We looked at the cheaper ones but thought it was worth the extra cash to not be uncomfortable.

That is a good save!! The best part is that it is cheaper but he can at least keep it after!

Post # 12
    1274 posts
    Bumble bee

Unfortunately $200 is about the norm. That’s great that your son can wear a suit that is matching instead. Is the wedding a few months off? I know here you can put down as little as $20 per person as a deposit and then pay the rest when you pick them up. Maybe try to start setting aside X amount per week until the wedding if at all possible? 🙂

FI is a groomsmen in his little bro’s wedding next month and we went to get him sized a few weeks back. His full outfit is $201 and change. That’s the jacket, pants, 2 shirts (in case one gets dirty), tie, vest, shoes, cufflinks and button covers, pocket square and a pair of dress socks. That’s from Moores – Toronto area. 

The topic ‘Is $200 a lot for a tuxedo rental for a groomsman and ring bearer?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors