(Closed) is $200+ a person the new "norm" for a wedding venue in NJ?

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
2005 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

camette:  I just peed my pants a little. My venue is 14-16$ a person

Post # 3
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - The Summit Country Day School Chapel/The Hilton Netherland Plaza Hall of Mirrors

Holy guacamole! Mine is $68-72 a person and I thought that was high. Can you trim your guest list?

Post # 5
3611 posts
Sugar bee

I know a few people in the tri-state area who have paid $150 and under per head for their weddings, even including some in the city. However, you either have to do it off-season (like winter, not April) or on a Friday or Sunday.

Post # 7
2005 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

camette:  well. Indianapolis. But still!!! 

Post # 8
1324 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

the prices i got were 150-200. so yeah, i guess it’s normal. 🙂 

Post # 9
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Have you considered a sunday?

I went to a wedding at the royal manor in garfield, not sure of the pricing but I think it was below 200 per person.

Post # 11
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

camette:  Full transparency- cocktail hour food was good. Dinner food not so much.

Depends on what’s most important for you!

Post # 12
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Not sure

camette:  Yikes… Hey, if you’re close enough to the border, try PA instead! Some of the cheap places I’ve looked into, charge $35 pp… I couldn’t imagine paying $200pp, and I’m not even paying for it! My FI’s parents are! Still, I did my best to make sure we paid a decent price 😨

Post # 13
2699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

The Grove was a venue I looked at. For a Friday winter wedding they were all in at 155. The venue was lovely, and for as large a guest list as you have it would be awesome 🙂

Post # 14
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I live in NJ and my budget was under $100 pp. We could barely find a place in that range, but we did bc our wedding is in March and also we planned late-booked in December. Also we are having it at a “wedding factory” where there will be several weddings AND there will be wedding earlier that day too. However I feel your pain I am utterly shocked at the prices in NJ in general for everything. and our place is anything but expensive or fancy. I got quotes for Sheraton in mahwah for $170 in MARCH last minute and many other places for $180+. and they were not considered luxury places. they were decent, adequate hotels. 

Try unpopular month and a Sunday. but yet even the $100 pp places were cheap, dated 80s ballrooms, New Jersey is horrible, My sisters wedding venue was out in Lake Tahoe classy and $50 pp. I can’t believe the prices here. its ridic. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  kasha.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  kasha.
Post # 15
288 posts
Helper bee

I was going to suggest the Mountain Lakes Club but that holds 185 but you bring in your own caterer. How about the Villas at Mountain Lakes?

The topic ‘is $200+ a person the new "norm" for a wedding venue in NJ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors