(Closed) is $200+ a person the new "norm" for a wedding venue in NJ?

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 16
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Pennsylvania is expensive too. If you’re ok with wedding factory. try the Brownstone. Its main ballroom holds 400, their food is amazing and surprisingly they work with your budget. its def not the place for everyone but one to look if it is. there is a beautiful glass atrium and they are flexible and very willing to work on menus, etc.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  kasha.
Post # 17
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m getting married just outside Princeton for $120 a head, and several other places in the central NJ area I looked at were around $150-160. So if you’re willing to come further south in the state there are places to be found. 

Post # 18
3455 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - City, State

The Fiesta in Woodridge might be a good option. Been to a wedding there and I remember things being pretty good. I think they hold up to 400 and based on their info on WW, the price range is around $75-120/pp. 

Post # 19
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

camette: I am an NJ BRIDE i will give you the scoop on venues that are in NORTH NJ FOR A MUCH better price. 

Fiesta banquets north NJ 105$ per person with tax and service charge included very beautiful ballrom they have i liked there ballroom more then the elan but i needed a min of 180 people for it. Im only having 120 people. 

The elan Lodi NJ has a packages starting at 110$ per person I booked there. 

The bethwood Also in North NJ they offered me 107$ per person and it was a good deal but i liked the elan’s ballroom better. 

The graycliff Moonachie NJ 130$ per person my friend just booked 

Post # 20
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

camette:  I am getting married in NJ (down the shore), and we got our rates for 170 per plate (w/o tax or tip). It is on a Saturday during the day. (Sat night was 230). Not great, but not 200. It’s a kick ass venue too 🙂

Another place I looked at (also down the shore) had 100 per plate during the day, and 120 or so at night.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  inyoureyes89.
Post # 21
5154 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

camette:  I paid $98/pp in Central NJ. So no, $200/pp is not the norm. 

Post # 22
4036 posts
Honey bee

Some of the best hosted weddings I’ve attended have been in the NYC-NJ-PA area. Sure, you can find places for less, but …

P.S. DE (no sales tax) $175 pp including service, which reflected a $50 pp discount, because it was on a Sunday.

Post # 23
2251 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

We got married in a great place called Razberry’s in Frenchtown NJ. We had the whole place to ourselves.  It has a beautiful rose garden, fountains, gazebo and a perfect set up for outdoor ceremony. The ballroom is very beautiful and has huge crystal chandeliers,  there is a separate room for cocktail hour.   The food is fantastic.  We had over 25 appetizers that filled  people up like a full dinner, then we had a 3 course dinner, and a cake included. The price was $75 a person plus tax and gratuity.  But even then it was not even close to $250! 

Post # 24
4029 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

bellaamore523:  I have to second U on the fiesta! Place is beautiful and just redone recently! And they are reasonable. The bethwood though is a shithole, I’m glad u decided not to do it there…

OP, another good place is Il Tulipano in Cedar Grove. My friend got them down to $120 for a sat night… It’s worth a try! 

Another great venue is Valley Regency in Clifton. Food is amazing and they are very reasonable.. Around $100-130pp..

Post # 25
209 posts
Helper bee

the Tides Estate will work with you! They have two different ballrooms – one is more expensive. I booked in the more expensive room but it was so worth it for me. Are you flexible with month or day of week? My friend had a Saturday daytime wedding and saved a ton doing that. 

Post # 26
4121 posts
Honey bee

camette:  Not from NJ but I heard from someone who attended a wedding there 2 years ago that it was around $200-$250 per person. I don’t know which venue but I would imagine it’s on the higher end?

Post # 27
2109 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m in Sydney and my first wedding was $250 per person (Hence why when SO proposes we are eloping) 

Post # 28
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

My venue is $28 a person and my catering is $27 a person. 😀 I’m getting married at Brook Hollow Winery.  Look for places that let you rent the place and then bring your own catering because it will end up being cheaper!

Post # 29
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Check out Rutherford Hall in Alamuchy if you want to go the route of venue and then catering. It is realy pretty and nice and big!

Post # 30
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

Olde Mill Inn was  running a 99$ a head for Fri and Sunday weddings in the winter and I was able to get them to 35$ a head for a Saturday afternoon (11-5). Consider eloping?!!! 

The topic ‘is $200+ a person the new "norm" for a wedding venue in NJ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors