(Closed) Is $3,000 too much for a wedding dress????

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 76
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

TinaNYC55:  the first thuoght to my mind when I read this was what is you budget for the wedding, is the dress crazy expensive to the rest of your wedding? But seriously, if you love the dress, do it LOL 

Post # 77
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I went above my budget on my gown because, ultimately, I thought about the long term aftermath of having a dress that I knew wasn’t the perfect one for me. The way I see it, this is likely the only time in my life where I could be this frivolous on a purchase. I don’t live the kind of life where I can wear an enormous gown whenever I wanted! I found ways to cut down on what I was spending on other things and saved a bit more aggressively to account for the additional $2,000 that I spent. In the grand scheme of wedding gown prices, $3,000 isn’t a ton to spend on the gown. It’s more like the average. Either way, I love to see another untraditional bride! Best of luck to you! 

Post # 79
324 posts
Helper bee

If you can afford it (and I’m sure you can otherwise you wouldn’t ask) go for it. It’s that one dress you can spend thousands on without regret. One day to spend a whole lot of money to look as stunning as possible (hair, make up, dress, even pictures) so you might as well spend a super lot of money!! Let us know how you deceide and show pics!! 

Post # 80
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I have not read through all 6 pages yet …but I have to say…LOVE IT!<br /><br />I have also looked at Wedding Dress Fantasy and seen so many great gowns. I too had a budget of about 1500 – 2000 but I have fallen for a dress that is 2700. *sigh* <br /><br />If you do it..I will =) hahahaha <br /><br />Your wedding sounds fantastic (halloween is my favorite holiday) …. best of luck to you!

Post # 81
294 posts
Helper bee

Oooooh, that’s a first time I see a black wedding dress that pretty!! It’s so beautiful! But yeah, to me it’s definately a bit too much to pay for a wedding dress, but fact is, it’s about if you can afford it or not. If you love it (I mean, if I could get that stunner I sure would…) if your Fi says that you can save up for it and it wouldn’t put too much strain on your economy, then go for it! 😀

Post # 82
33 posts
Newbee

I love it! Wish I was tall enough to pull off something like that. I’m also a Halloween bride! I say if you can afford it go for it.

Post # 83
33 posts
Newbee

My fiancée is a tad traditional and I’m not so we settled on this dress. It’s a bit of both worlds. 

Post # 84
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I think you that is what you want and you are not going to go into debt, then get what you like. <br />Everyones plan is to only get married once and if you dont want to second guess your chances then go ahead and get it but this is just me. I still havent go shoppind for my dress. My mom is willing to buy my dress but I dont want her to spend more than $1500.00 and if I like something that is a bit more I will just pay the difference. I don’t spend money on anything so that is where I will spoil myself. You want to beautful in what you are wearing. hope this helps AM

TinaNYC55:  

Post # 87
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

TinaNYC55:  usually i would say its stupid, but that dress is absolutley stunning. I am not a typical wedding dress kind of person but this dress…. just WOW

Post # 88
33 posts
Newbee

TinaNYC55:  It’s a Maggie Sottero Corinne but it’s been discontinued.I bought a Mori Lee 5108 and lucky for me my future Mother in Law is a seamstress so she’s adding the black lace for me.

Post # 89
33 posts
Newbee

I love how both of us Halloween brides have black diamond engagement rings to go with the black on our dresses lol.

Sorry don’t know how to rotate from my phone. 

Post # 90
720 posts
Busy bee

Wow that dress is fantastic. I would do it. 

The topic ‘Is $3,000 too much for a wedding dress????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors