(Closed) Is $350 normal for an officiant?

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Officiant fees vary by geographical location. Since you are located in California, I would say that is about right. If I were you, I would contact several of them and ask them if they could work something out with you to include the sand ceremony and the rehearsal.

Post # 4
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

That is exactly what I am paying for mine, and he is my minister! That sounds about right.

IF you don’t want to pay this, and have a trusted friend who is a good speaker, they can actually get certified to perform wedding ceremonies online (google ordained online) . I have a friend who did this, to marry two of his good friends, and from that, he has actually turned this into a business venture for himself. He only charges $200.00, and milage, but has now married more than a dozen couples. I actually thought about having him be our officient, but he is 300 miles from me now, and I really do like our minister so I’m going with him.

Post # 5
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I definitely think it varies by location and if he/she is affiliated with an organization (church/temple/mosque, etc.) We’re paying $500, but that is after a military discount, I believe his services are $700.  He’s not affiliated to an organization and will not be doing a rehearsal. 

Post # 6
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

That is the price of every officiant I found here in the midwest!

Post # 7
591 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We are paying $800  for our officiant who is the priest from my church. He is a little expensive but I wouldn’t want anyone else to officiate our wedding. 

Post # 8
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

Ha!  I wish I could find someone for that price.  We are still looking but everyone has been quoting us in the $800 and up range.

Post # 9
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Yeah, thats sounds about right. Ours normally charged $300-350, but gave us a discount.

Post # 10
2246 posts
Buzzing bee

In Tokyo its about $800 – $1000 for a real minister. $200-$400 for a fake one! Haha! No joke just people posing for high prices. Actually thats more popular since no religion or official duties are involved the whole wedding is a show. I am trying to make mine as real as possible.

Post # 11
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - Sweet ceremony by the sea and sunset celebration on the North Shore of Hawaii

For our Hawaii officiant, we’re paying $250 for the ceremony. Hope that helps!

Post # 12
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m in CA. My sister paid $250 about 10 years ago, everyone I have seen is $300 or more. One had a suggested donation of $350, not sure the details, and one of the venues I am considering includes the officiant which I am seriously considering. I do have a few close friends that could do it but I haven’t asked them yet, they are on the guest list and I’m not sure if I want to do that.

Ok longer post than I expected…. Anyway, you can have a relative or someone you both like go to universal life church and get ordained online, I did it and was going to officiate for my sisters 2nd wedding but ended up not doing it for health reasons.

Post # 13
305 posts
Helper bee

Yeah, that’s about right unfortunately.  I found 1 officiant that was $300 (+50 though if you want a rehersal).  Everyone else I’ve found is $350+

Post # 14
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Ugh, unfortunately I think so. The two I’ve spoken with quoted me $350 and $325. I did find one randomly on Craigslist who only charged $75 but when I went to her webpage it turns out she is a nut. She calls herself on her website “The Getter Done Girl” and I died laughing imagining the program:

Ceremony Performed by……………………………. The Getter Done Girl

Post # 15
566 posts
Busy bee

I think that’s about right!

Post # 16
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Our wedding was in NYC and I contacted officiants to ministers to JOP to Judges and $350 is a REALLY good price!

Quotes I got back ranged from $250 to over 1k!

The topic ‘Is $350 normal for an officiant?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors