Is 38 children a lot for a guest list of 148?

posted 2 years ago in Guests
Post # 31
6300 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

Completely up to you. The kids will likely take over and your are likely to have more of a kids birthday party vibe, so it depends whether you would like that.

Post # 32
21 posts
Newbee

<div id=”st-safari-extension-is-installed”> </div>

Geekchick42 :  I recently went to a wedding with kids running wild everywhere, and I’m not gonna lie pretty much everyone commented on how obnoxious they were. Maybe reconsider, since the number is so large? 

Post # 33
3582 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Geekchick42 :  that’s a lot of kids…when 1/4 of your guests are kids, I’d worry it might feel more like a kids bday party (fwiw i had a child free wedding so take my opinion with a grain of salt)

Post # 34
6999 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Honestly that sounds like my worst nightmare. That’s A LOT of kids and I would prepare yourself for your reception to feel like a playground.

It’s all personal preference though. I would rather put nails through my eyeballs than have that many kids at at reception. But if you’re having lawn games and a backyard BBQ and don’t care about it feeling like a wedding reception dedicated to you….you’ll likely be fine.

Post # 35
1806 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Are you banning kids from the ceremony or do you just have a reason to believe the parents won’t want to parent their own kids during the ceremony?  I wouldn’t think a babysitter would be needed at all if the kids have their parents with them.  Even kids of wedding party members will likely have a family member who they can sit with.  I would not leave my kid with a random babysitter to attend a wedding ceremony.  My husband and I would probably pick one of us to attend and one to stay with our toddler daughter, if kids were not allowed.  If they were allowed, we would keep her with us unless she was misbehaving, at which time one of us would leave with her.

Honestly, I think most kids around 9 and older, if they don’t have special needs, should be able to sit through a ceremony and eat/dance at a reception just like an adult would.  It is the 1-8 crowd who might need some sort of entertainment that keeps their interests in mind, if they are present in large quantities.  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors