(Closed) Is 4 hours enough time???

posted 7 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Is 4 hours enough time for all this to happen?
    Yep, youll be fine. : (14 votes)
    56 %
    No, youll feel rushed : (11 votes)
    44 %
  • Post # 18
    2515 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

just for a reference- our reception was from 5:30pm-10pm. we didn’t do the bouquet/garter toss or the first dances other than ours and we only had about 40 guests. we still felt like we didn’t have enough time. you want to be able to relax and enjoy your reception, not feel rushed. it already goes by so fast!

Post # 19
    1783 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @jesssamesssa:  HAHA!! No problem! Yes, I’m definitely sitting down this weekend and making out our timeline! This is why I freaking love Wedding Bee. Like really. I love it. 🙂 I got all of the big things out of the way, now I’m like omg! I need all the small details!!

Post # 21
    2515 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @jesssamesssa:  is there any way you can add an hour to the end of it or is 10pm the absolute cutoff for the venue?

i didn’t mean you should cut those things because i know they’re important to you. i was just giving you an example of how fast it goes even without those things. 🙂

Post # 23
    2515 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @jesssamesssa:  that sucks! 🙁 you know what though? you’ll fit it all in and it will be an amazing night for you and your FH!

Post # 24
    872 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I am posting to keep updated! 

Great thread, and thinking the same thing for my wedding. 

Post # 25
    29 posts
    Newbee

My wedding was similar to yours in that the cermony began at 4, the reception was a short drive away (about half our guests walked) and it ended at 10.  We also did our bride and groom dance right after our entrance, but did the parent dances later.  Most of our guests were ready to go at 10, and me and my hubby were certainly pooped by that time after the full day, so we were looking forward to our hotel room by the end of the reception.  So, I think you will be fine with the schedule you have laid out.  I also wanted to note that all the whole while I was developing the day-of timeline, it never occurred to that things would not go according to the schedule!  And there were definitely some things that did not go according to the schedule, so we just had to stay flexible and make some quick decisions in the moment, but none of it took away from how wonderful the day was.

The topic ‘Is 4 hours enough time???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors