(Closed) Is $400 enough money for flowers?

posted 4 years ago in Money
Post # 3
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I think you might be able to depending on what types of flowers. Each of my BM bouquets were $65 for roses, and bouts were cheap, maybe $10? However, I chose callas for mine, and that was $250.

Post # 4
9149 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Personally I think it might be slightly low.  I’d probably budget at least $500 for that.  Depends on what you want, there are some cheaper (carnations, daisies, roses) flowers and more expensive ones.  But $500 (or maybe $450-$550 depending on your flower choice) would be a good estimate.  I think you could get away with $400 for smaller bouquets of the cheaper flowers but I like to slightly overestimate so I’m prepared.

Post # 5
3081 posts
Sugar bee

@chelseahurtado89:  If it’s just for the bouquets and not centerpieces, I’m sure someone can work with that, but I do think you’ll have to compromise on the types of flowers, sizes of the arrangements, etc. I’ve seen some very creative and pretty bouquets made with things that wouldn’t cost a lot…even baby’s breath! 

Post # 6
4525 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We are only budgeting like $250 for them and I hope to come in under that 😡 I’m sure it can be done!

Post # 7
2499 posts
Buzzing bee

It depends on where you live. In my area, you’d be lucky to get two bouquets with $400, let alone all the rest.

Post # 8
1478 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Depends on where you are – my bridesmaids bouquets were $65, mine was $195 and each boutonnière was $17.

Post # 9
2963 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I got beautiful silk flowers for everyone (My bouquet, 3 BMs, 3 corsages and 5 bouts) for $250. I love hem and they will never wilt fro the heat! This will be my bouquet except it will have a ballet tie on the handle.

Post # 10
1181 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m sure you’ll be able to do that. I’m getting 6 bridemaid bouquets 8 bouts, 6 corsages, and 22 centerpieces for $1000.00. they are going to be roses & hydrangeas. my bouquet will have the same but also calla lilies.

Post # 11
6207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

Go to whole foods, you’ll probably be under budget

Post # 12
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

It might be a little low, but maybe if you tell them you are only spending that much- no more and make your budget clear, they can tell you what they can do for $400.  I am doing the same, 4 BM bouquets, mine, and 7 bouts.  I am spending $500, so pretty close.

Post # 13
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Our bridal flowers are just over $600.  It includes my bouquet, 3 bridemaids bouquets, 3 pinned corsages, and 6 boutonniers.  These are being done a professional florist.  It depends on the flowers you chose (some are significantly cheaper than others) and the season. Don’t forget to budget for mothers, fathers, and grandparents (if you are including them).

Post # 14
8469 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I did my flowers for $320.  This included my bouquet, 2 BMs, 2 nosegays for our moms, aisle arrangements, 2 large altar arrangements and rose petals for my tables.  You could also have the aisle arrangements/bouquets double as table decorations.  Here are a few guest pics.

I used peony roses, long stem roses, spray roses, hypericum berries, and alstroemeria

Post # 15
2379 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Shop around.  If you’re dead set on a certain expensive flowers, like peonies, orchids, certain lilies, or if you want specific out of season flowers, that will send you over budget in a heartbeat.  If you’re flexible on the flowers themselves, it’s very doable.

Post # 16
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@chelseahurtado89:  do you have an specific flowers in mind?  i think it can be done if you’re not picky with the type of flowers. i would ask for $50 bouquets. i think my bouts were about $20-30 each.

if that’s all that’s needed, will you consider doing them yourself?  putting together bouquets and bouts are not that difficult to do. 

when i hired a florist, i ended up paying for various fees.  i think there were delivery, set-up, and everything else added.  i did have a team there setting up hours before the wedding.

The topic ‘Is $400 enough money for flowers?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors