(Closed) Is $400 enough money for flowers?

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 17
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2001

I wouldn’t go through a florist if you are looking to save money. Is there a farmer’s market around you that you could order from? Also, trader joe’s and Sam’s club have awesome flowers. Sam’s club even has a thing where you can order assembled bouquets online. 

Post # 18
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

It depends on what your vision is. It doesn’t sound like you’ll need any table decorations, so that is a plus. Here is a breakdown of my “bridal flowers” (all are fresh flowers through a florist who is a friend of the family’s)

My bouquet: $175 – Includes Calla Lillies, Picasso Calla Lillies, Lillies, Star Lillies, White Orchids, Plum Orchids, White Roses, White Stock, and White Filler Flowers

My BMs bouquets: $75 each – Includes Picasso Calla Lillies, Plum Stock, Lavendar Stock, Lavendar Roses, White Roses, and Plum Orchids.

Boutonniers: $10 each – Includes 1 Picasso Calla Lilly with Rinestones on the stem wrapped in plum ribbon.

Coursages: $20 each – Picasso Calla Lillies and White Roses with rhinestones.

If I needed exactly the amount you did (1 bridal, 4 Bridesmaid or Best Man, and 5 bouts) the total would be $600. You also need to include in your “flowers” coursages for mothers/grandmothers/special readers (female) and boutonniers for fathers, grandfathers, preacher (if male)/special readers (male). Not sure if you did or not, but that could end up costing you more/allowing you to get less.

As for me… I needed 1 bridal bouquet (a friend is DIYing my “tossing bouquet”) 2 BMs bouquet, 7 bouts, and 4 coursages, and this is costing me $475 (my ceremony and reception flowers are costing triple this).

Post # 19
1447 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@GamersBride:  This.

It really does depend on the kind of flowers and how big of a bouquet you want.  I’m going for a mostly roses, loosely arranged, hand tied thing, and it’s $135.  I think bouts from my florist are around $12, and corsages for the ladies are $25ish.  Bridesmaid bouquets are $75ish (I have three).  So just for my bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets are $350ish.

If you can’t make the budget bigger I’d recommend ordering flowers in bulk and DIY.  You can get a ton of wholesale flowers for $400.

Post # 20
1143 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you don’t have a preference of real flowers vs. silk flowers, you could easily construct your bouquets and such yourself. Yes, it may take a bit of time as far as finding the flowers you want and arranging everything, but it will save you money in the long run, not to mention you can keep your flowers longer! And if you don’t think you’re crafty enough to do so, there is surely someone you know that is, and could help you out.

Otherwise, it will probably depend on what kind of flowers you want, because flowers that are out of season are going to cost more, as well as if you’re wanting specific colors and whatnot.

Post # 21
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I think so…..but I got my bouquets at the grocery store.  Basically I told her what I wanted and my budget and she made it work.  They turned out so great!

Post # 22
1540 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Sams club!! I think I’m doing Hydrangea’s and you only need 3-5 in a bouquet. They are really full

Post # 23
3724 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@chelseahurtado89:  If you aren’t stuck on a particular flower and go with what’s in season, you should be ok. A good florist will work with you and can reduce prices by adding lush greenery and other fillers in addition to a spectacular bloom!

The topic ‘Is $400 enough money for flowers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors