(Closed) Is $435 a Good Price for Flowers for a Small Wedding?

posted 5 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think it sounds reasonable.  No bouts for fellows?

I’ve pretty much budgeted $100-$200 for my bouquet (and I’m not planning to have a big or elaborate one); it’s probably $60ish for Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets.  $20 for corsages and $5-10 for bouts.  So I think your quote is reasonable.

Post # 4
8446 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Coral99:  DIYing my own bouquets (similar to yours, 1 bride, 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man, 2 nosegay, 10 aisle) and it’s costing me just under $300 for the wholesale flowers, so I’d say you’re getting a pretty good deal, especially since you’ve got things like peonies in your arrangements.  When you say no tax, do you mean there isn’t any tax or the tax isn’t included?  Not getting taxed on wedding stuff is pretty awesome.

Post # 6
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think that my cousin got her’s cheaper and DIYed her flowers from Bloomsbythebox.com

Post # 7
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

That’s awesome! I think that’s a good price for flowers, delivery, set up and break down.

Post # 8
Hostess
16196 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Sounds reasonable to me!

Post # 9
1966 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Seems reasonable to me

Post # 10
4495 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m having a small wedding, but we’ll be doing a lot of flowers on our tables for centerpieces. We’re paying around $1,000, but it sounds like we’ll be using more flowers. I think yours are reasonable, especially since you’re using peonies which are on the expensive side.

Post # 11
3340 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

I think that’s a great price!!  Especially for those flowers!  Peonies, rununculus, and hydrangea can be really expensive.

Post # 14
Bee
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor

@Coral99:  I was a little skeptical at first, but considering the types of flowers you requested, I think it’s reasonable. And it sounds so pretty! 

My bouquet alone was $150 and it was arranged with garden roses, dahlias, hanging amaranthus, etc. – all expensive flowers. Your package sounds about right.

Can you post a pic of your venue? I’m so intrigued, sounds gorgeous!

Post # 16
Bee
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor

@Coral99:  Woww that’s pretty!!

Considering you have experience working in a flower shop, you can probably negotiate with her a little further – she’ll probably take you seriously. My bouquet was pretty big, and it was hand-tied (not wired) but still – big enough that it would’ve taken some time to put together. On the other hand, sticking flowers in a vase isn’t that hard. And since tussy mussies are on the smaller side and hold less flowers, the physical cost of your bouquet should be less than average. You might as well bring up the price of your bouquet, and ask if she could lower it since it’s less flowers and doesn’t take as much labor to arrange. All of these little things add up when you’re planning a wedding! 😉

The topic ‘Is $435 a Good Price for Flowers for a Small Wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors