9168 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

definitely noticeable.

Post # 18
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2002

@LilMsMicro:  Going from a 1.00 to a 1.75 will absolutely be noticeable.  But…if you’re even considering going with a 2.00 carat, you should go for it.  The price of diamonds is going up, up, up!  (The retail value of mine went up $1000.00 since last year.) You should have no regrets when it comes to your ring so I say “Go for it girl!”

Post # 19
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

yes you should definitely see a difference, especially with a round diamond

Post # 20
4394 posts
Honey bee

@LilMsMicro:  I think the rule is that you can see anything over .25 ct difference but it will depend on the spread because some diamonds are cut shallower than others. I would say to price the change of your setting and then decide from there!

Post # 21
2674 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

You need to go up about .25ct to notice a size difference. So your 1.75 will be noticably smaller than a 2ct. But it will still be very noticably larger than your 1ct.

Post # 23
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Congrats on the upgrade and yes you will notice it

Heres a chart that might help you visualize it

Post # 24
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

The difference between 1 and 1.75 is huge and you’ll definitely notice the difference. The difference between a 1.75 and a 2 is pretty sizeable as well but on your tiny hand it may not be necessary because the price jump is pretty aggressive. I’d go for the 2 because that’ll probably satisfy you enough to never had to do it again. For reference, here is my 1.82 on a size 5.5 finger:

EDIT: My friend has a 4.75 ring size and when she tries on my ring, the stone looks huuuge. My Fiance even noticed the difference and he’s not all that involved in ring stuff – AT ALL

Post # 26
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Here are some pics. I’m a 4.75 size, 1.85 stone on platinum setting. A little blurry but hope this helps!

Post # 27
3828 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

It will be a big diff!!! here is a .55 to a 1.02ct it shows how much a half a carat diff looks. Dont mind my finger I tried on alot of rings that day and it was sooooo sore and swollen

PS the left side of the diamond is lined up

The topic ‘is a 1.75 worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors