(Closed) Is a ballon drop and confetti drop worth $500

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 17
841 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@LaWife:  $500 is a lot of money! If she really likes it then maybe go for it but I would never pay for that.

Post # 18
5408 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I think that would be really cool and I would love to see that IRL, but I don’t think I could ever justify spending $500 on it.

Post # 19
10635 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

View original reply
@Jacqui90:  But then there would be confetti on the floor when everyone’s trying to dance.

I wouldn’t pay $500 for it.

Post # 20
3080 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@LaWife:  Not worth the money to me. 

Post # 21
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

if your friend loves the idea, and can afford it, then I say go for it. It’s not something I would want, but I could see how someone else might. 

Just as a thought: my Fiance really wanted to rent a Rolls Royce get away car. I thought the price was a bit much, but because it was something he really wanted, we found a way to shuffle the budget and make it happen. Was it more than I ever thought I’d spend on a get away car? Yes. (to be fair, I would have been fine riding in the backseat of my MOH’s car, with her as our driver, for free) but it makes my Fiance happy, so I’m ok with that. Maybe, if this is something your friend wants enough, there is room in her budget to make it happen.  In that case, I saw its definitely worth the money. 

Post # 22
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Definitely not worth it, in my opinion. It is definitely a cool idea, but I would not pay that much. Unless I were very rich… 🙂

Post # 23
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

If she can spare the money, it could be pretty and memorable.  On the other hand, if she’s on a tight budget, she might get more bang for her buck by putting the money towards something else like her centerpieces, food, music or linens – it’s not like it’s something people would miss if she didn’t go it.

Post # 24
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Looks very pretty but i wouldn’t pay that much for it. Unless i could spare the money. And i would probably do it at the end so that the mess wouldn’t be that big of an issue 🙂

bridal mentor confetti drop wedding Unique Wedding Reception Ideas   Chapter 2: First Dance Confetti Drop

( Images are from a google search )

Post # 25
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@LaWife:  That sounds AWESOME and as a guest I would be totally impressed and that seems really unique. 

Post # 26
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Personally, I would never pay $500 for balloons and confetti. Cool idea, but absolutely not worth $500.

Post # 27
1300 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I would be worried about slipping on the dance floor! 

Post # 28
11735 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@LaWife:  It’s worth it if that’s what someone really wants. It’s not my style whatsoever and no way I’d want to be picking confetti out of my hair all night, but to each their own.

Post # 29
279 posts
Helper bee

that’s not worth $500… However, if she has $500 to blow and she wants it then i suppose that’s a different story

Post # 30
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

If I had extra room in the budget, I would definitely splurge on it.  The pictures would be amazing.

Post # 31
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@LaWife:  Agreed with pp- reminds me of New Year’s Eve! It’s worth it if she loves the idea, but I wouldn’t pay that much for it. The supplies probably only cost $10.

The topic ‘Is a ballon drop and confetti drop worth $500’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors