(Closed) Is anyone else wearing the Mori Lee dress 2512 on thier big day?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I love, love, love this dress! It looks sooo much better on than in the picture. Granted, I’m relying on other people’s pictures for judgment, but I hope to try on this dress someday. Gorgeous!

Also, there are a couple of posts from past brides who got married in this dress. Do a search for Mori Lee 2512.

Post # 4
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m wearing Mori Lee 2512.  Get to wear it in 65 days!

Post # 5
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yes! I have a while to wait, though…

What are you guys doing for jewelry?

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

No jewelry besides pearl studs and my engagement ring!  The dress has enough bling I don’t want anything to distract from it. 

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m wearing the Mori Lee 2512 and it looks so much better on than the website makes it look, as long as you have the curves in all the right places you are going to be stunning! I actually have a post on here if anyone wants to check it out, I put it as ” I need to find jewelry for my sparkly dress”

Post # 8
118 posts
Blushing bee

I’m wearing this gown for my wedding.  I am doing rater large chandelier earrings with it and no necklace.

Post # 9
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Questions for you Mori Lee 2512 brides….

Are you able to sit down in this dress and dance?

Are you wearing a body shaper underneath it?

What size did you ladies purchase? I have wider hips but as a loose a little weight for my big day, I still want the dress to fit ok once I order it.

I am also very short and I know that they can’t take the hem up on the dress because of the beading… are you gals short too?

This dress is awesome. I just need some help before I purchase. Thanks 🙂

Post # 10
118 posts
Blushing bee

i am 5’6 and with my heels i only have to get about an inch taken off the length.  i am actually on an exercise bike right now.  i went for my first fitting yesterday and could not sit down in my gown!  they said they could let it out a bit, but i’m also going to try to lose an inch.  i am in love with my gown!!

Post # 11
20 posts
Newbee

So ladies… I bought it! It just didn’t compare to any of the other dresses I tried on. I added a sash to give it a more complete look. I love it.

Now how are you ladies bustling this dress? Do you have pics? In addition what kind of veil are you wearing?

Post # 11
20 posts
Newbee

Post # 12
118 posts
Blushing bee

My gown is a size 6 and I am PRAYING that they can let it out a little on the sides or I will be standing during the entire reception. 

AS far as a veil…. I don’t have a picture, but I am doing a 2 tier fingertip length veil with a beaded edge.

This is how mine will be bustled. 

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

this is my dress!! Its more extravagant than I originally wanted but I fell in love :)… I ordereed 4.. I had sizing issues with the salon. They wanted me to order a 6 I think just to get me to have to have alterations because my measurements were NO where near a 6. But out of curiosity.. @NeilleB Why cant you just lace it alil looser? 

Post # 14
20 posts
Newbee

I think sizing for a mermaid dress really is based on the largest part of your body.If your hips put you in a higher end of the sizing chart then the rest of your body go with that bigger size.  You need to sit don’t you? If your bust is larger go with that size. You want to feel comfortable on your day. Also remember that bridal sizes run small. Nobody will see your size tag, but it will be pretty obvious to guests that you’re uncomfortable when you can’t sit.

What really bothers me is when I went to buy my dress a girl was standing at the counter saying ‘well I’m normally a 10, so I can’t order a 14.  I’ll just have to lose weight.’  Even if you lose weight, it doesn’t actually mean your body is going to shrink everywhere you want it too. When in doubt just order your current size, and alter it to a smaller size if you lose weight later. Rather safe then sorry because you can’t return wedding dresses.

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I bought this dress! I fell in love with it even though the sample was a size it’d which was way too big. And when I was measured they said I could wear a size 4 or 6. They said the 6 because my boobs fit a six but everything else measured a 4. I figure it’s always easier for them to take in a dress then to make it bigger. Plus with a corset back I’m sure I can get a better fit too. I’m so excited to see my dress! The store says its come in and I’m viewing it may 19th!!!! 

The topic ‘Is anyone else wearing the Mori Lee dress 2512 on thier big day?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors