- 6 years ago
My boyfriend and I have been dating exclusively for well over a year now and I’m thinking he might propose soon. Here’s a little bit of info about our relationship…
1. He was going to buy his own home, but then chose not to go ahead with the purchase because he was going to buy a “bachelor pad” and then realised he’d rather wait till we were ready to buy a place together. A few months ago, he said he would like to buy property together (as he knew I was keen on the idea). We’ve worked through all those difficult conversations about keeping our assets seperate (just in case) to do with a property purchase without any problems – but we haven’t actually done it yet because I told him that I wasn’t quite ready yet. He’s very respectful of this, and says he’ll wait.
2. We’ve been talking about marriage regularly for months. He doesn’t hide at the idea. We have open and honest discussions about marriage, engagement, etc
3. We’re both Christian and we haven’t consummated the relationship yet. He knows that I’d like to wait until engagement before having sexual relations (and he respects that – although I know it’s difficult for him).
4. He’s met my parents & my sister (and they get on well), and I’ve met his siblings. His parents live 5 hours away, and I’ve been busy with my new career, so I haven’t met them yet but he has asked me to meet them, and he tells me that his parents ask about me often.
5. I’m a very career focussed person, and recently I’ve noticed that he’s been making more of his career too (doing some professional courses, telling me about his work successes etc) – yet not at the expense of spending time with me. I’ve read that men try to do better at work, earn more money etc before they get married – so perhaps it’s a sign?
I won’t go in to a long story of each little aspect of our relationship, but does it sound like we’re heading towards marriage? We’re about to go away on holiday together, and I think he might propose while we’re away. Do you think so? (By the way, he’s 31 and I’m in my 20s).