(Closed) Is it 1950’s ?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I immediately thought 50s when I saw the pic.  Reminds me of something Rosemary Clooney would have worn in White Christmas.  Love it!

Post # 4
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Definitely 1950’s. It’s amazing!!

Post # 5
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Cute!! I think you could def make this dress look 1950s. It doesnt look to me like an original 1950s dress but maybe a modern version of one. I think it is a very classic style that you could make look more like the 50s with an awesome 50s hairstyle, makeup, vintage jewelry, etc. I was thinking red lips, black liquid eyeliner on the eyes, filled in brows, etc. Maybe one of the awesome fascinators with the netting. And maybe have your groom choose a tux that has a classic style as well. I think this would be such a fun theme. Some of our styles are classic like this, especially the tux that the groomsmen and Fiance will wear.

Post # 6
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

beautiful, very 1950’s

Post # 8
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

There were quite a few illusion tops shown in the bridal shows over the weekend.  Lots of peplums and bows, too.  🙂

Post # 9
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Yes! That’s a great style.

Post # 11
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I loooooooooooooooove it!!!!

Post # 12
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

I think it looks like a good balance of modern and 50’s vintage style. That dress would look fantastic for a retro wedding. I agree with what CandyseR said about hair and makeup. 

I’m not sure what you would like for hair, but I think an Audrey Hepburn style would look great with it. I know pin curls eeked their way into the 50’s a bit too. Those are easy to DIY once you get the hang of it. You just need the right setting lotion, hair clips, and a head scarf.

Our wedding is on the vintage side too. For our guys we are using white dinner jackets with black tux pants. My grandma and grandpa were married in the 50’s and he wore the same. 

Tux a la Humphrey Bogart (on the right):

Post # 13
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

@GroovyHippieChick:  Woah that bride’s dress looks almost exactly like my grandmother’s dress. 

Post # 14
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

It doesn’t ring 1950s to me, but I’ve been looking at 1950s vintage dresses on Etsy for weeks now. It actually seems early 1990s to me. I honestly don’t know why.

Post # 15
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

I think it’s very 50s.

Post # 16
2869 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Super cute!

The topic ‘Is it 1950’s ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors