(Closed) Is it feasible to do all of this for under 10,000?

posted 7 years ago in Money
  • poll: Is $10,000 feasible?

You should try to find another venue so that you can spend more on other things

That's doable, you will be fine

other (please explain)

• Post # 17
    899 posts
    Busy bee

I did it without feeling like I was pinching pennies but obviously it depends on the area

dress 500 (designer outlet)

tux free

photographer 1300

flowers 500 (only bouquets)

cake 500

decor around 1000

dj 500

hair and makeup 100

hotel and limo 200

Post # 18
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I am giving myself 5k for extra’s not including the reception or ceremony! 

I think its totally doable!  

Here’s what I’ve done so far to help cut costs: 

$1300 friend photographer, shes very good and also very inexpensive for my area (2500-5k is normal around here)

iPod Dj (we are able to borrow all dj equipment from a friend, all we need to do is hook up my iPod

DIY my hair and makeup (I am a hairdresser and one person in my wedding party is too – PERFECT!)

DIY centerpieces (ordering fresh cut flowers from florist, get a wholesale discount at 1800flowers due to FI’s family business)

Buying from salvation army (my vases are from salvation army/homegoods/hobby lobby – all will be mismatched) Any other decoration will come from these places.  Spending $1-$7 on each vase

Our reception site gives the bride and groom two free nights, so thats pretty much perfect! 

$500 dress budget (haven’t bought anything yet

Vistaprint STD’s and Invitations (They give new customers a lot of free stuff and also they currently have a groupon where you spend $15 and get $45 worth of prints – I think you can buy up to two, so my STD’s will cost about $30 if I play it right!)

DIYing bridesmaids gifts! 

Post # 19
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

PS another money saving tip – We are putting everything for the wedding on my credit card that I get miles from, then paying it off right away so there’s no credit card debt at the end of this! I’m hoping we will be able to book our honeymoon with a discounted or free flight after all my miles! 

Post # 20
    9950 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

In all honesty $ 10 K won’t go very far unless you are ferocious in your accounting.

Agree with

View original reply
    @SimplyEuphoric: (Reply # 18) a CC with an attached Loyalty Program can be an AWESOME way to make your money go farther… or get a FREE Honeymoon.

Mr TTR are Hilton Hhonour Members and we got great upgrades and perks (and FREE rooms on occasion) for our whole Honeymoon… it was FABULOUS !!

The topic ‘Is it feasible to do all of this for under 10,000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors