(Closed) Is it ok if your SO gets a lap dance or strip show for free from a woman?

posted 8 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Is it ok with you if your SO gets a strip show or lap dance from a woman other than a stripper?
    Yes, I trust my SO. : (27 votes)
    10 %
    Yes, but only if I know the woman doing the stripping/lap dance. : (5 votes)
    2 %
    Yes, but only if I'm there with him. : (5 votes)
    2 %
    No, he can only get a lap dance or strip show from a stripper. : (77 votes)
    29 %
    No, my SO can't interact with any woman in that way aside from me. : (154 votes)
    57 %
  • Post # 47
    422 posts
    Helper bee

Can anyone please tell me something – you are all commenting that a strip club is a place of business so whatever goes on there is fine. A brothel is also a place of business and a hooker is also doing nothing more or less than business. There is zero emotional connection there – she is just doing her job. I guess then you girls won’t mind your partners having sex with a hooker also? As long as it is strictly physical? If a business lap dance is fine, why not business intercourse?

Post # 48
    561 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I’m pretty sure when it comes to things like sex and sexuality what one couple class as cheating is something they decide for themselves and so therefore it’s a bit unfair to say to those who are ok with strippers in their  relationship  that they then must then be ok with their partners having sex with prostitutes.  i am ok with my girlfriend being around strippers because it means nothing.  It’s a naked body.  It doesnt theaten us or what we have.  I actually finds it quite hot When a woman is confident naked.  Good for her!  Sex on the other hand is strictly for her and I.

Why can’t we all just be respectful of the boundaries in each others relationships? One couples relationship is one way and another couples is another way – none of us should have to justify any of if.  There seems to be a lot of passive aggression towards the women who have relationships that don’t view strippers ascheating and its really not cool.  

Post # 49
    5653 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
    @Aquababes:  Haha never thought of that before.

Post # 50
    422 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @anahappilyeverafter:  Agreed, it’s a matter of choice. Then, hypothetically speaking, women who allow their men to have sex with prostitutes have also made a choice. But when the stripper-happy folk are confused with hooker-happy folks, why do they take offence? Why can’t they say “There’s nothing wrong with a committed guy having sex with hookers, we just don’t endorse that view?” 

Post # 51
    5653 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
    @Aquababes:  Simple answer? Because it’s not socially acceptable to have sex with a hooker while being married, while going to a strip club while married is more or less pretty socially exceptable.

Post # 52
    561 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Aquababes:  you are generalising all of us by saying “they”.  We don’t all react the same, have the same opinions, have the same views.  Some people will take offence but then some people take offence to everything and anything.  Some people think one thing is right shilst others will think it is wrong.  In generalising a group of people and then polarising their views by suggesting all those who are ok with strippers are ok with prostitutes, you are polarising.  I’m not taking offence.  You think one thing.  I think another.   i just don’t endorse that view.  I am ok with strippers.  But not my girlfriend sleeping with another woman.  

Post # 53
    1115 posts
    Bumble bee

Hmmm…I don’t know. To me, watching something for entertainment value (even if arousing) is a lot different than actually trying to get off with another person. 

One of my best friends has dropped his pants and done the helicopter dick right in front of my face before. My SO walked up right as he started doing it and just about fell over laughing. 

Also, one of my best female friends has a habit of drunkenly falling out of her shirts. Sometimes she thinks it’s funny to shimmy in front of some of the guys faces, including my SO, before she puts them back in. We all think it’s hilarious. 

Post # 54
    422 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @anahappilyeverafter:  I guess you personally won’t take offence in which case I totally commend you for your liberal way of thinking. But I have conversed with many women who are okay with strippers and feel insulted when asked about hookers. In My Humble Opinion that’s nothing but double standards. If it’s different strokes for different folks then don’t judge men who are hooking up as well.

Post # 55
    2211 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    @nickels:  My thoughts exactly; I also chose the first option, but agree free vs. paid is a BIG difference!

Plus, my SO doesn’t even like strip clubs that much, and the last time he got a lap dance someone else bought it for him and he laughed his ass off the entire time because he was watching his buddy get a lap dance across the way.  (His stripper was not appreciative, LOL)

This was all before we met, but I don’t have a reason to not trust him – I know he’ll do the right thing.

Post # 56
    422 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @DeathByDesign:  Again, what is acceptable varies from society to society and culture to culture. 

Post # 57
    561 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Aquababes:  I can’t be offended about someone asking how I feel about something, only being told how I feel about something.  🙂 

Post # 58
    2779 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    @bunnyharriet:  It depends on the circumstances. I don’t like lap dances to begin with and consider it cheating since it involves touching in a sexual manner (around here at least). I have no problem with my Fiance going to a strip club.

If my Fiance was at a party where some chick just randomly stripped down, he can’t control another person’s actions so why would that bother me? A girl that gets naked in a room full of people is a girl that will typically give it away for free, if my Fiance was going to cheat on me with a skanky girl, then he would do so regardless of if she took her clothes off in a room full of people or not. Men don’t see breasts and vaginas and suddenly enter into a trancelike state where they only way out is to screw the owner of said breasts or vaginas. Most men are fully capable of looking at other women naked and never doing anything more.

If my Fiance willingly went somewhere with some chick for a free private strip show from her then chances are he is willing to do more then that. In a party setting with other people around its a drunken story to tell about the girl that performed a striptease for everyone. If it’s a private setting then chances are the man is fully prepared to go further then just looking.

Post # 59
    1853 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Only if i can have the same 😀

Post # 61
    1290 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

@bunnyharriet:  No. That’s cheating for sure. That sounds like it would lead to sex.

The topic ‘Is it ok if your SO gets a lap dance or strip show for free from a woman?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors