(Closed) Is it possible to find a good ring for $3500?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Using Ritani’s build-a-ring thingy, you can have a .85 radiant cut solitaire in white gold for $2,999. I think a lot of it’s going to depend on how large a diamond/stone you want! Here’s the site I used! http://www.ritani.com/

Post # 5
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Moissaniteco.com has some pretty radiant cut moissys in gorgeous settings for significantly less than $3,500.

Otherwise, I wasn’t able to find any diamonds online of that size that are decent quality at your pricepoint. I’ve found a few around 1 carat for just under $3,500 that look nice though!

Post # 10
3120 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think so……

Post # 11
1926 posts
Buzzing bee

@moriyah:  Do you want tons and tons of sidestones? With radiants, I think less is more, honestly. 

Post # 13
659 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Radiants are beautiful and so unique, great choice!!  I have one, so I’m biased!  Lol!!!   But some things to consider:

I would be cautious of a 1.5 carat radiant costing $8500.  Retail on a decent quality radiant of that size is a lot more than $8500 alone, never mind adding in another 1.22 carats on the setting for a total of $8500.  

What I’m saying is DEF check the 4 C’s, or in this case, the 3 C’s (there are no cut grades for fancy shapes like there are for rounds) of that radiant.   Cut is king especially if you are purchasing an elongated radiant  If you need more info on radiants, check out pricescope.com.  

Post # 14
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

You can definately get a great ring for $3500 – I would try and point him in the direction of a wholesale jeweller if you can. We got ours through this great wholesaler that a few friends had used and my ring is valued at well more than double what we paid for it. Our friends that went through a jewellery store got their rings valued at what they paid for it. 

I would stay away from ebay though – you just don’t know what you are getting unless you are super experienced. 

good luck! 

The topic ‘Is it possible to find a good ring for $3500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors