(Closed) Is it possible to have a $1500 wedding in Nor California?

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Well I am doing a wedding for 60 people for about $5,000 (this does not include our attire) But does include venue, food and drinks. We are in San Francsico and re having the wedding and reception in SF.

I spent months looking for something too. For yur budget, I’d try looking in Mt. Shasta (is that too far?) it is about 4 hours from Fairfield, CA 

Post # 4
610 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
doodleninja :  Totally understand. I used to live in Mt. Shasta as a child and it is near and dear to my heart. We are getting married in SF for the same reason, 90% of our guests are in the Bay and didnt want them to have to drive that far. 

Do you know anyone with a big back yard or some property? My BFF had a wedding in a large backyard and it turned out really beautiful. 

Have you tried The Odd Fellows Hall in Davis? 

As for parks. Permits are generally through the city the park is located. 

Post # 5
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
doodleninja :  check out the gabezo like thing by the UC Davis arboretum. 

I forget what it’s called but they do weddings.. it’s like this hectagonal cottage thing with a lawn and ampitheater outside?  My friend had her wedding there. 

Eta: http://arboretum.ucdavis.edu/facility_rentals.aspx

Friend did hers at putah creek lodge but gazebo looks nice too.

Post # 6
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Oh also ask heavy dirt farm. They sometimes let ppl rent their land for events.

Post # 7
24 posts
Newbee

I would do either a courthouse ceremony or a small church wedding (if you wanted to be married by a minister). The ceremony would need to be family only. And then have the reception at a restaurant or a building owned by parks and rec. At all the city/town owned halls in my area, they allow you to use whatever catering you want. You can do whatever else you want, too. 

Ben & Jerry’s caters an ice cream social or sundae bar package that’s pretty affordable. Also, if you go with a park rec center you could do drop off catering of whatever type of food you want, and serve buffet style. 

Cake and punch is really affordable, too. You can add in veggies and dip, cheese plates, fruit platter, or whatever other snacks you like. 

Post # 11
3144 posts
Sugar bee

Shakespeare Garden in Golden Gate Park? It’s a little more than you want to spend but tossing it out as an option.

the Pulgas Water Temple in San Mateo.  Quite pretty from the photos.  Requires a permit but I think it’s around $500 total.  

Post # 12
4801 posts
Honey bee

A farm is often a very expensive option as you usually have to bring everything in, even bathrooms. I would not waste a lot of times looking at farms. 

Post # 13
610 posts
Busy bee

doodleninja :  I have also seen people do Flash Mob weddings. They are a little risky becaue they could be shut down, but I have seen successful ones. 

What about renting out a large secluded campground somewhere? 

http://nuvista.vistaresorts.net/

Park and Rec centers can be a nightmare to work with. You just need to keep at it until you get to the right person. Is there a specific Park & Rec you were looking into? 

Post # 14
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
doodleninja :  I’ve gone to a few events they’ve thrown (one of the girls who runs the farm.. and yes it’s run by ladies.. is a friend of a friend). It’s *very* rustic as far as a venue would go.. as in it’s a real farm.. but they have a fire pit and space.. could work?

The arboretum venues will be easier, for sure, just cus UCD has experience running events. I don’t know the cost for weddings but if it’s comparable to the cost for university sponsored events (those prices are posted online) then it’s within your $500 budget, depending how long you rent it for (at least for university events the rates are based on time leased).

The topic ‘Is it possible to have a $1500 wedding in Nor California?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors