(Closed) Is it possible to have a wedding for $6000?

posted 8 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 17
2957 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Well ours is going to be around 5K. But our ceremony venue is free. And this isn’t Philly!

But we are only having a simple little reception of light refreshments, cake, punch and coffee afterwards.

Post # 18
1070 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

First off, you will have to do A LOT of work and research to find a good venue.  It took me 50+ hours to find the right venue for us and you will need to do some diy, but its totally possible

Post # 19
4649 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Definitely doable. Venue is the hardest. If you’re considering unique: Have you looked at the magic gardens, at 10th and south? That was my dream venue but they didn’t have any dates available I could use. They’re not too expensive and they work with some really cool caterers who are quite flexible depending on your budget. (I spoke with a couple of them when I was thinking we were getting married there.)

Unfortunately most of the venues I know about are outdoor… the only one I looked at that was indoor was this one: r2lrestaurant.com and I don’t know what the cost is like for that many people. (It was in my budget to have a few hour cocktail party for 50 but I don’t know about something more extravagant than that since you need one of their bigger rooms…)

Post # 20
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Magic Gardens has a max capacity of 75 people

The topic ‘Is it possible to have a wedding for $6000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors