Is it "safe" to book 2021 wedding venues?

posted 4 months ago in Venue
Post # 2
2282 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

I wouldn’t put a deposit down out of fear they may close like you mentioned. frown

Post # 3
569 posts
Busy bee

I’m in the same position and we haven’t booked anything yet, we’ll wait until everything goes back to normal. 

Post # 4
588 posts
Busy bee

yeah, i would worry you might lose your deposit if for some reason your venue closed or went bankrupt.  i am not sure if wedding insurance would help or not.

Post # 5
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: Las Vegas

I would absolutely wait until things are back to normal-ish before booking anything. Social distancing is supposed to be recommended until 2022. There will be a second wave of COVID, as per research into past pandemics.

I’m looking to get married in Vegas, and I won’t be booking anything until there is an all clear. 

Post # 6
38 posts
Newbee

My *rough* date is July 2021 and we are planning a garden wedding. (Registry office in the morning with just a couple of witnesses and religious blessing +food and drinks in our garden)Too scared to plan a big white wedding in a big venue with lots of guests. Luckily I will be more than happy with a small 25+/- guests wedding in our garden. To be honest even that small a wedding is a worry at the minute. But something to look forward to at the same time.

Post # 7
13377 posts
Honey Beekeeper

We can hope, but I don’t think anything in 2021 is guaranteed to be “safe” if you are talking about a traditional wedding, nor do I believe the most vulnerable guests are likely to attend a group function in the absence of a vaccine or proven treatment.

If this was me I would get married as soon as that is possible again and then plan a delayed reception or anniversary party at a later date to be determined. 

Post # 8
44 posts
Newbee

Nothing is guaranteed at the moment. Even a vaccine by 2021 is not a guarantee, because the 12-18 months trajectory of development is only the fastest possible projection – and that’s if everything goes perfectly.

Honestly, I’d either wait it out or have a small wedding and get a delayed reception like wedingmaven suggested.

Post # 9
1291 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - City, State

We currently have our wedding booked for next year, I won’t lie this is stressing me out big time. 

Post # 10
446 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
kasmal01 :  insurance for day event usually just work for the items under that insurance. Usually just insurance for if someone gets injured or for most liabilities on the parties behalf. 

i don’t think it’s an assurance of having the venue open if the owners shut down the company/venue. 

I’d wait until most of this clears up to be a little more confident in booking 

Post # 11
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2021 - Chicago, IL

I’m booked for April 2021- booked our venue and purchased my dress. I want to research DJ, photographer, and secure catering through our venue but not book any of those until we’re in the clear. Definitely stressful, but I’m hopeful we’ll have some positive movement toward 2021.

Post # 12
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
curiouskitten :  My FH are in the same boat! We are planning a small family only (plus my best friend and his best friend). It will be about 20 people. We’re aiming for July 2021 but I’m nervous! 

Post # 13
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2021 - Kauai, HI

We’re eloping to Kauai in March 2021. We only have a photographer booked so far.  I wouldn’t feel confident booking a large wedding at this point, even for 2021.

Post # 14
4231 posts
Honey bee

All insurance policies have excluded the virus from coverage at this point. 

Post # 15
5398 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
mobean :  2022? Where did you see that?!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors