(Closed) Is it too late to plan a June 2010 wedding?

posted 10 years ago in New York City
Post # 17
24 posts
Newbee

Hmm, I had heard people say that a lot of NYC vendors book over a year in advance, and they weren’t kidding – I contacted 10 DJ’s before I found one that had my date (and my wedding is 11 months away). I still think it’s totally do-able, but if you have your heart set on any particular vendors, definitely check with them first. Otherwise, you should be okay, especially if you’ve got the venue.

Post # 18
144 posts
Blushing bee

Totally OT but –

I wouldn’t like to go to NYC in June.

I hate heat + humidity.

If June is rarely humid, then tell me I’m wrong and book your venue.

Then start looking for younger up-and-coming vendors.  More leg work but you can usually book them cheaper. 

Try the newer stylists at the best salons, etc.

Post # 19
1489 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

As long as you’re willing to do a bunch of planning in a clump right now, should be fine ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 20
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Absolutely doable!  You may not be able to book your first choice vendor, but you’ll still have options.  Good luck!

Post # 21
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Def not! especially if you already have a venue. I think that’s the biggest one and all other vendors are negotiable. But that’s just me.

There are SO many vendors in NYC you’re bound to find one that you guys will love and available on your date. Go for it!

Post # 22
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - Carlouel Yacht Club

I think if you are ready and raring to start the plans and be on top of them, that is totally do-able! I would just do a little research first to make sure that other vendors are available before you book your venue…just in case!

Post # 23
103 posts
Blushing bee

It’s certainly doable esp with a support of the hive and WB inspiration!  Friday weddings have more flexibility as well.  Why not start with that in mind and decide after you do a bit of research on the availability of the other vendors… many venues will be able to hold the date for you and give you the first right of refusal without a deposit. 

Post # 24
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

You can do it-we got engaged in January 2009 and are getting married October 2009. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 25
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I agree you can do it, but I have to say that don’t think that it will be easy. I live in Charleston and am getting married there, and being as crazy busy as it is, I barely got my venue–someone “unbooked” and I got the date, more than 11 months before the wedding! Hopefully you will luck out on some vendors like that… search and search and search some more! See if you have any friends that know anyone who could help you out or otherwise know someone else who might know someone! We ended up with a great photography duo because my mom knew a ton of people who’d used that particular photographer!

Post # 26
340 posts
Helper bee

LoL There is a pretty good possibility that I will be planning a June 2010 wedding so I really hope it’s not too late! Damn Army -.-

Post # 28
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Not too late!  This is perfect timing.  You won’t have to dwell over issues for 15 months and change your mind a million times.  I wish I had an engagement that was that short!

Post # 29
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You should have plenty of time to plan a June 2010 wedding. I’ve seen people plan it in 2 months. You should be fine. You just can’t wait around-if you find something you want, book it.

Good luck!

Post # 30
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am getting married June 26, 2010 and I definitely think you have plenty of time to plan a wedding. Like others have said though you might want to first start looking at vendors asap! I have only booked my wedding venue/reception site, photographer, and got my dress. Those are really the BIG things I have done so far. We are in talks with caterers and djs though. Then again I live in Texas and not NYC so it’s probably a bit easier to plan things here! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good luck!!!

Rachel

Post # 31
940 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

You can definitely do it. We got engaged in August and we’re getting married in March.

The topic ‘Is it too late to plan a June 2010 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors