(Closed) Is it too late to plan a June 2010 wedding?

posted 10 years ago in New York City
Post # 32
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Yep!  We started planning ours just 7 WEEKS before our date.  Yikes!!!!  I wouldn’t recommend it, but we pulled it off.  Too much stress though 🙂

If that can be done, 9 months should work!

Post # 33
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I just started planning my April 2010 wedding on Long Island sooo I don’t suppose it would be too difficult. I haven’t had any problems whatsoever with dates, or vendors. One of the props of being in NY, we have LOTS of options.

Post # 34
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - Battery Gardens

You’ll be fine. I agree with everyone else that you should focus on all of the big vendors. Besides, it’s NY. You can find someone to do anything at any point. 

@Greta – June has actually not been hot and humid the past several years in NYC. Although I will say that summer is NY is so much fun to me that I kinda don’t care. 🙂

Post # 35
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think you’re gonna do great with securing a venue and with vendors too!  I prepared my wedding (back in 1996 when I married my ex, which I dubbed the “big, fat, Protestant wedding) in six months.  No worries!

Plus you’re so lucky.  There’s a good concentration of bees buzzing the hive near you and can always offer you good information.

There is an article in this months’ Bride Magazine about planning weddings in shorter timeframes and is a pretty darn good reference if you ask me!  Check it out.

I’ll be heading down the same path but just a few months later and still not sweating it.  If you’re really concerned, then maybe hire a wedding planner to do all the details and use her connections?  But I think really, that you should be fine with 9 months to go.  First things I’d focus on would be venue, caterer, and securing the florist.  Next thing I’d do is have STD’s out around the 6 month period.  These should be the biggies that you do first. 

Post # 36
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I got engaged in February and will be getting married in December.  You can do it.

The topic ‘Is it too late to plan a June 2010 wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors