(Closed) Is it unusual for the woman to choose her own ring & diamond?

posted 12 years ago in Rings
Post # 32
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My fiance and I picked out the setting together (I put it on and just KNEW!!), but he insisted on doing the diamond work himself. Also, I picked it out but still had to wait five months for a surprise proposal. I love the way we did it because I have a ring that is stunning, but he chose the diamonds, and also was able to shock me with a proposal. I think it’s sweet if you can give input because you WILL be wearing the ring the rest of your life – why not get something you love?

Post # 33
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it’s okay to be involved in the shopping, he’s the one that’ll make the final decision. I bought a watch for the SO a couple weeks ago for our one year anniversary and it was so stressful trying to figure out what style I thought he would like and stuff. And that’s just a watch, not a symbol of our love and spending our lives together… lol. So I mean, if he wants you to be involved, I say go for it. It’s stressful, lol, trying to pick out something your SO would love, no matter how long you’ve known them.

The topic ‘Is it unusual for the woman to choose her own ring & diamond?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors