(Closed) Is it weird two have two bands? One plain & one with diamonds?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Definitely don’t think you’re crazy! I agree though that if you do want both, you should get it soon so you will have had it your entire marriage πŸ™‚ 

Post # 4
2459 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

@Sweet.Sugar.Rose: It could be your eternity ring, and your dh could give it to you on your first anniversary.

Post # 6
448 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I don’t think this is weird at all. When Darling Husband and I first started looking at wedding bands and I picked out my diamond band, I wondered if I would regret not having a plain band. Even though I’m not used to and very happy with my one band, I can see how having both would solve the dilemma!

I don’t think this is weird at all. When Darling Husband and I first started looking at wedding bands and I picked out my diamond band, I wondered if I would regret not having a plain band. Even though I’m not used to and very happy with my one band, I can see how having both would solve the dilemma!

And I agreewith seahorsey : you might want to get it soon so you can have it the majority of your entire marriage! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2007

I wear a plain and a diamond 3/4 eternity on either side of my engagement ring. So there is nothing wrong with that. I think you should go with what you feel. πŸ™‚

Post # 10
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Have 2 and swap when you feel like it, maybe? I’m also torn between a plain band and a diamond set band. I love the bling of a diamond band but it’s very popular at the moment and styles change. Very pretty though. I also like the look of a plain band cos my ring looks bigger for some reason. Nearer the time, we will go and have a look and decide. πŸ™‚ x

Post # 12
2006 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

i loooove the idea!  i wanted to do this as well, but now i am going to have to solder my rings because i am getting an enhancer and they don’t stay together.  I love that you can wear different combinations, or even all at once.  I really like this look here (snatched from a thread on price scope when i was band hunting):

Post # 13
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

i have 2 wedding bands, one plain gold band because i have a busy life (swimming, boxing, training, scuba every day) and a diamond wedding band.  i also have a diamond eternity band as well. i wear the plain gold band 99% of the time  

Post # 14
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@mrsestep Yeah I know what you mean. I think diamond bands are lovely and I would like one. I’d have a plain band too, but a thicker one. I just think plain bands could perhaps last longer. Look into it??

Post # 15
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

For the wedding day I am getting a plain white gold 3mm band and then a few years later I will get my eternity band. I really just wanted a plain and simple band for travel, the act of exchanging rings (I have a split band), and just because I am planning on going into the medical field, so for sanitary reasons it’s better. It’s also much easier to spend $250 on a wedding band rather than $1,000+ on the eternity band when trying to pay for a wedding. I ultimately do want me eternity band in the future, but when we have more money. 

Post # 16
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@MrsNerdy: I’m glad you posted that pic!  I really like that stacked look!  I may want a diamond anniversary band to go with my ering and two plain bands and I now see that it would look very cool and unique!

@Sweet.Sugar.Rose: Not weird at all.  Get what YOU want!

The topic ‘Is it weird two have two bands? One plain & one with diamonds?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors