(Closed) Is It Worth Spending $500 On My Husbands Tungsten Ring?

posted 4 years ago in Engagement
Post # 2
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I am not goot at money so I don’t know about price but The ring is gorgous. I love it. What my wheeler dealer Fiance found was they usally have the same ring at differnt jewlery stores. He was able to combie my band and his and get a cash deal the was half the price. I am just glad he did it because that kind of stuff make me uncomfortable. 

Post # 3
3091 posts
Sugar bee

I would spend it if 1. That’s what he really wants.  2. I could afford it.

I assume he spent a reasonable chunk of change on  your engagement ring?

Post # 4
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I’m not sure how much wood inlaid tungsten is, but I do know most places have tungsten marked up a lot, we saw a ring we liked in the store that was tungten and was 300 dollars.  Found the same ring on amazon for 20 bucks.

Post # 5
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception / Courtyard Marriott Legacy Ballroom

That sounds like a lot to me for Tungsten and wood! I just did a quick search on Etsy, and there are similar rings for $200 – $300.

Post # 6
167 posts
Blushing bee

That ring is lovely… My fiancé (who is prone to losing things) got his wedding ring on Amazon… And then bought 3 backups. One of which he already lost, and we aren’t even married yet! 

You could shop around for all options? But if he loves it then I’d say it’s worth buying for him 😄

Post # 8
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I’ve seen rings like this for a lot less at Walmart.com, Amazon, department stores and Etsy.  $500 is too much for a tungsten ring.  Especially if you ever want to re-sell it.

Post # 9
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

shahogen:  https://www.larsonjewelers.com/c-46-wood-inlay-rings.aspx 

check this place out. They’re out of Long Beach and this is where I got fi’s wedding ring. They always have amazing sales and the product is great. I received his ring in like 3 days after ordering. I also had it personalized with a handwritten engraving and when it came, it was too big and they redid it for free!!! Amazing customer service and it looks like they have some nice wood inlay rings

Post # 10
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

shahogen:  No, I absolutely would not. Tungsten is a very inexpensive metal, and I wouldn’t pay that much for a ring containing wood. Fiance previously had a wood inlay ring and it did not wear well. The laquer/shellac coating that protected the wood cracked and scratched too easily and so these are not, to me, forever rings. That being said, we both love the style so he is getting another one, but we will be keeping in mind that it will likely need replacing eventually. For that reason, it won’t be an expensive version.

Post # 11
7077 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

If that’s the ring he wants and you can afford it, by all means.

I personally would never spend that much on a man’s band – simply because my Darling Husband has very very simple tates and you can find quality men’s bands for much less. He picked out his first tungsten ring from the same guy he got my rings from, despite me telling him we could certainly get it cheaper somewhere else but he was insistant. I think we paid around $250ish. Well…he lost it. Slid off his finger at some point – we never did find it. I ended up buying an identical replacement on overstock.com for under $100. Granted, he likes plain – so no diamonds or inlays, etc.

Post # 12
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I think $500 is a lot for tungsten.  My husband’s white gold band was $700.  Also can you get that ring resized?  I would think not with the wood.  Also I don’t think tungsten and titanium rings can be resized.

Post # 13
7903 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

The wood would make it less durable, wouldn’t it? For that reason, I wouldn’t want to spend so much on the wedding band. I would try to encourage him to find a more durable ring with more bang for the buck. For comparison, DH’s gold wedding band cost $600. 

Post # 15
3611 posts
Sugar bee

If that’s what he wants and it will make him happy, absolutely. I second Butterfly6, he probably saved up and spent more than $500 for your ring.

The topic ‘Is It Worth Spending $500 On My Husbands Tungsten Ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors