(Closed) Is losing 1.15lbs a week good?

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1763 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

No, That is a good amount to lose it you are doing it in a healthy way. I think losing more, unless you have a an extreme amount of weight to lose would be unhealthy.

Post # 4
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I used to work for a weight loss company and the recommended healthy amount to loose per week was 1-2lbs.

Post # 5
2532 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I thnk you are fine if you are losing 1-2 lbs per week….along with your diet have you been exercising? Yes, eating healthy does do A LOT but you also want to make sure you are burning calories if you want to see faster results. Dont be discouraged though! You are doing just fine!

Post # 6
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yes, that’s good! It all depends on how much weight you have to lose… if it’s only 5, 10, 15 lbs, the weight’s not going to come off very fast. 1-2 lbs per week is the stereotypically healthiest rate to lose weight at, and the most likely that you’ll keep it off. 

Post # 8
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

It is perfectly fine, but it will also be healthy to lose weight at a slightly faster rate. I’ve found that some weeks weight moves fast, some weeks it doesn’t. If you maintain the same healthy habits without doing anything drastic (hour upon hour of cardio, skipping meals, not sleeping, etc.), you’ll see slightly faster and slightly slower weight loss, but it will all be healthy.

Post # 9
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Keep in mind that if you are exercising you are building muscle, so you don’t always see the results on the scale, you’ll see them in your clothes.  That’s a very important part of weight loss also.  Drink lots of water and don’t skip meals.. if these are things you’re already doing… Smile because you ARE losing weight, and your efforts are paying off.  Unfortunately there’s no super quick, healthy way to lose.  It’s a slow but totally worth while process.

Post # 10
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That is a fantastic rate to lose weight.  Slower weight loss is better because you are more likely to keep it off.  Congrats!!!

The topic ‘Is losing 1.15lbs a week good?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors