- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
We got married on May 25, 2013.
Seriously, the best day of my life!
I can’t remember being more happy, more overwhelmed with emotion, and more elated to have our closest friends and family there to be apart of our big day!
If anything went wrong, I didn’t notice or didn’t care! And everyone who we spoke to during and after the event told us ours was the BEST wedding they’d been too! 🙂 (Of course, they were probably biased!)
I remember being on this site, and I soooo looked forward to the RECAPS section. Now I get to post there myself!
A few things:
– Our theme was “Love and Basketball”
– We are both SUPER tall (The Mister is 6’8, and I am 6’2), and I thought that it might be a problem in our pictures with us looking like giants, and everyone else tiny. See if you can tell…
– Some cool things we did: all the tables were named after different NBA teams; made the escort cards look like faux-NBA game tickets; wrote our vows around the theme of basketball (Me) and Love songs (The Mister); and we did the tango for our 1st dance, followed by a comtemporary (SADE: By your side) as our “Official” 1st dance.
The photographer was GREAT and sent over 950+ pics. These are just a few to give you a sense of how things turned out. If you want the photographer’s info… just ask!
P.S. We were married in the Bay Area (California).
* Bridesmaids and their gifts (I bought each a silk robe, and I customized a photobook for them as well. Highly recommended)
* The fellas
* The bridal bouquet
* The Jewelry
* The Ballroom – It wasn’t over the top, but understanded elegance (I hope)!
* Favors and escort cards
*1st look with bridesmaids
* Dad and I
* Bridal Pic
* My prince charming… Saving me from the wind and my unruly veil!
*Leaning back and taking it all in! 🙂