It's okay : (101 votes)
    24 %
    I don't like the flowers : (90 votes)
    21 %
  • Post # 32
    3180 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I really like it.  I was looking for a dress that was that shape. Mine came close but it still wasn’t exactly what I wanted.  

Post # 33
    540 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I accidentally just voted yes instead of no!  No more wine + weddingbee lol.  Do you love the dress?  Then go for it.  You would look good in a paper sack with that figure, girl.  πŸ˜€  (Wine =  truth serum)

Post # 34
    2050 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Your dress is LOVELY. It will be even more breathtaking and floaty when it is pressed and foofed perfectly for your special day! Wee! Looking forward to those pics! πŸ™‚

Post # 35
    310 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Who in the world are the people who said “yes, it’s ugly?”  Omgoodness…you look amazing.  Your curves are outrageous in this dress.   Rock it girl and forget the haters. 

Post # 36
    1064 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Love it, no joke! Its fricken gorgeous. 

Post # 37
    1468 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

you look good in it, just too many flowers and different textures for me

Post # 39
    386 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @vivshanks:  ditto

Post # 40
    343 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

It’s the dress you picked out and if you love it nothing else matters. Everyone always has an opinion about something. I think you look very lovely in your dress

Post # 41
    456 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

My favorite thing about the dress is actually the sash under the bust line! I love it!

I think people may not be 100% about your dress because it’s modern and a different style. But you said that you love it and that’s what is important!! If you are 100% about your dress, then everyone will be happy that you are happy. They will love it if you do. you have to be confident about a dress that is not traditional. Stick to your guns! It may not be the dress that other girls would choose, but that’s the beauty of a wedding dress. Everyone is different and they should respect your decision.

Even if they don’t like it, trust me, you can’t please everyone. At the end of the day, you are the one who has to wear it, live with it and love it.

I think you did a great job, it’s a statement dress. Be proud!!  πŸ˜€

Post # 42
    456 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

By the way, I agree with the girls saying that you have a great figure!! Rock it girl!!

Post # 43
    2819 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

Def. not my style, but I know lots of people like dresses like that. Personally, I dislike the flowers immensely, and I hate trumpet/mermaid/fit’n’flare-style dresses. Also not a big fan of sashes in general. But, like I said, different people; different tastes.

Post # 44
    393 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

Oh, no – I voted wrong! Embarassed Your dress is beautiful!  I can’t imagine people not liking it.  It may not be their style, but it’s a beautiful dress!  Plus, you love it, so it’s just that much more awesome to you!

Post # 45
    2080 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@louiseW:  What? I love it! Maybe people aren’t giving you the response you’d like simply because they aren’t as excited as you, or they may even be a little envious. I think it’s a beautiful dress and it looks great on you.

The topic ‘Is my dress ugly…?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors