Post # 31
This happened to us for our wedding! We originally wanted a satruday in June and not September. I thought that maybe the woman was making it up, but we did not give a deposit, and we lost the venue for that particular date. I would try to go see it if you can if you are set on your date and that venue!
Post # 32
She’s not tricking you! we booked our venue 15 months in advance and we only had one Saturday option for the months we wanted. all the other Saturdays in that month are already taken! seize it if you are set on the venue and the date!
Post # 33
Definitely not tricking you! We booked out venue 18 months ahead and they only had two Saturdays for the entire spring/summer season left. We lucked out in that some other bride actually put a deposit down on two weekends, while she decided which one she wanted. Once she made her decision, we happily swooped up the other one!
If you have an exact date that you want, it’s even more imperative that you don’t wait.
Post # 34
My fiance was on a boat in the middle of the ocean when I was securing the venue, so I went by myself and took pictures and sent them to him. We put a deposit as soon as we decided on it. I actually found it lax that they didn’t require a deposit in no one had expressed interest yet, because then you have to wait a week if someone expresses interest in it and they may go somewhere. Around here (Vegas) it’s up for grabs until you swipe the plastic (or hand over the cash).
Post # 35
Luckily my fiance is off saturday and we’ll be seeing it then! I am so excited!!
Post # 36
We started looking 18 months in advance and still had to get married on a Sunday because our venue was booked that far out. Most venues won’t even hold a date without a deposit. Ours did but only until someone else was interested.