Is my HCG level high? 102k at 6w4d

posted 2 weeks ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Depending how sure you are of your dates, it could be the high end of normal or it could be high. Sometimes high numbers (and bad morning sickness) could mean multiples, but at this point if doctors aren’t concerned you probably shouldn’t be. Is this your first result, or do you have some idea of how quickly it is rising?

Post # 4
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

mllouis03 :  well good luck, either way! I doubt the numbers would be high enough to cause concern, since you are almost at 7 weeks and well below the ‘upper normal’ I saw posted for 7-8 weeks, and an ultrasound will tell you what you’ve got in there next week!

i think they usually don’t continue to do draws at this point, especially with an ultrasound scheduled, because after ~6 weeks the ultrasound will tell you more. 

Post # 6
1207 posts
Bumble bee

If it’s the upper end of normal it’s still normal, reference ranges exist because there’s variation in what is “normal”. As long as your results are within the normal range there is nothing to worry about. 

Post # 10
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I had levels in this range about that time, I wasted a lot of time googling this exact question, babe is 4 months old now so I’m going to say it wasn’t an issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
361 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mine was over  100k at 5 weeks 2 days. Super high for that gestation. I couldn’t really find much online with that early of a date. Either way, the doctors couldn’t explain why it was so high, and they tried to get me to not focus on it. Of course, when you TTC, you suffer from information overload, and it can become overwhelming, but I found it best to step away from the Google!!! 

In the end for me, It was only 1 baby in there, and she is now a perfectly normal 16 month old. 

Post # 12
1198 posts
Bumble bee

So your mother had two sets of twins and you are a twin – all fraternal? Because if so, girl, I bet you’ve got two buns in there there, lol. Can’t wait to find out!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors