(Closed) Is my Mori Lee 4523 dress a cheap fake?? Help!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Well, you could take it to a local store that DOES carry the “potentially real” one and see? Do you have any images of the dress you think is fake?

Post # 4
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

EDIT FROM MR. BEE: SEVERAL USERS HAVE REPORTED THAT THIS MORILEE.COM GAVE THEM A VIRUS.  PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR THEIR COMMENTS!

What was the shop like that you bought it from? Were there any signs that they might not be on the up and up? You can check on the Mori Lee website and see if the store is an authorized retailer here: http://www.morilee.com/findastore.php if it isn’t then I would be concerned… It’s a very pretty dress, but everything you’ve said sounds suspicious…

Post # 8
1426 posts
Bumble bee

Can you add a pic of you in the dress you received too?  I know it probably isn’t altered yet, but it could help us compare…

Post # 10
1426 posts
Bumble bee

Hmm. Well the flowers do look a bit different, but I think the positioning of the flowers and the boning are factors of it being too big.  You can still see the boning on the model pic a bit, so that may be just how the dress is.  I think it will be diminished with some good alterations.  Also, if the fabric feels stiffer to you, it could be because sample dresses are tried on a million times, so the fabric gets softer.  Try having your dress steamed and see if it feels better.  It is a little suspicious, but I don’t know how you could prove it, unless the shop would let you see the sample and compare the two, but if they’re doing something shady I doubt they’ll allow you access to the sample which could prove your case.

Real or fake, I think the dress looks really good on you.  I don’t think you’d go wrong to keep it and just try to address the fit issue with alterations.  I would try to find a seamstress unrelated to that store though.

Post # 11
354 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

The Mori Lee website says that the flowers are removable, so that may explain why the positioning is a little different. But, the Mori Lee website also says that the dress comes in white or ivory, not “pearl.” I’d continue to contact Mori Lee until you get a response. Good luck!

Post # 14
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Does anyone else get a virus notification from the mori lee site every time?

Post # 15
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Kingcake: I get the virus notification on the mori lee site too – I love their bm dresses!

Post # 16
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I recently received and picked up my mori lee 2512 last week. Although I cant say anything to quality or color, mine did come with a matching shawl which was never advertised to me. The store nor the website said nothing about a shawl, but I received one. The store attendant said sometimes the do and sometimes they dont include one. Hope this helps.

The topic ‘Is my Mori Lee 4523 dress a cheap fake?? Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors