(Closed) Is there any 2013-2014 Long Island brides anywhere?

posted 8 years ago in Long Island, New York
Post # 48
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Hello fellow LI Bees!  I’m a Smithtown Landing Bride getting married on March 24, 2013.  We’re using FM Entertainment for DJ, Verbena Designs for flowers, Park Ave Studios for Photography.

To the bride getting married at Thatched Cottage… I really, really, really wanted to book there, but we couldn’t afford it.  Our guest list increased by about 30 people in the year+ we were engaged and in the end, it was more important to have the guests there than not, and we simply couldn’t swing it. 

The place is literally stunning.  I went to my aunt and Uncle’s wedding back in 1994 and I actually remembered the Thatched Cottage from that one event – that’s how much of an impression it made on me :).

Post # 49
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Since everyone is introducing themselves, I’ll jump on board Laughing I’m getting married 9/27/2014 which used to seem so far away but it’s already going by fast.  Our reception is at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club in Mt Sinai, our DJ is LI Sound and our photographer is InfocusNYC.  Just waiting for January to get here so we can bookour church, silly church won’t book this far ahead.  Don’t they know I’m a control freak and need it done NOW?? haha

View original reply
@WhatMaeBee:  That would be so great for you, hope it works out!

Post # 50
2152 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
@csteen85:  I’m the Thatched Cottage girl! Thank you!!! We got a great deal and included vienesse hour plus a bunch of additional meals and cocktail hour extras. We booked a Friday night because fi and I wanted to keep it relatively small- so we hve to guarantee 125 people. We’re doing our ceremony there too. 

View original reply
@kaw2be:  your wedding is literally the day after mine! Woooohoooo for late Sept brides hahahaha 😉

Post # 51
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Meeee! I’m getting married at Jericho Terrace in July 2014! 

Oh and my name is Lindley. Super excited but nervous at the same time.. I had some venue regret initially because I hate them doing more than one wedding at a time! Did any of you have trouble finding a venue on LI that wasn’t just a big catering hall? I feel like I looked at every website of every place!

Any other JT brides!?

Post # 52
3080 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@MrsCreeToBe:  I looked at a bunch too, and went with something different from what I originally thought. But there are a lot of good Long Island venues. 

Post # 54
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Im a long island bride too!! Got engaged just about a month 🙂 Havent started looking just yet but we are about to set the date for June 15 of 2013. Which is fairly soon. Does anyone know of any cheap venues in long island? Im really open to suggestions. We are working on a tight budget and as you guys can see not that much time…any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Post # 55
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Hello!

I just got engaged about two months ago, and I’m on my venue search! I’m looking to get married in Winter 2014 (Jan/Feb).

Does anyone know of any bare-bones type venues in Nassau county or even western Suffolk? I am having a theme wedding, and I want to do everything myself. All I keep finding is catering halls and typical wedding venues. I’m not even sure where else to look anymore.

Post # 56
3080 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@butterfly1988:  you could get a good deal if you go to the Rivera in Massapequa on a weekday. It’s a pretty place

Post # 57
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hi Ladies! I was just married a month ago in Long Island. If you need any help with vendors feel free to ask. We used sooo many great vendors. If anyone needs a florist still I used FLO NY Events. They are a boutique florist in the city and I saved SOO much money using them! The centerpieces that other florists quoted me $150 for.. FLO did for $50!

View original reply
@lmarks11:  Great pick on Jericho! I just got married there. They are amazing. We had Ryan as our Maitre d and I cannot praise him enough!!!

Post # 58
60 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@butterfly1988:  I have to say you will probably save a lot of money being that you are doing it so soon. We saved so much money on our limo and photobooth by booking them last minute. I got married at Jericho Terrace and for what you get their pricing is really reasonable. I know Larkfield Manor offered us great pricing. I went to a lot of halls and they all kind of blur together now haha but I remember the lessings properties being on the less expensive side. They have estimated pricing on each of their website. http://www.lessings.com/page_home_holidays.aspx

Post # 59
60 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MrsCreeToBe:  I just got married at JT! No need for wedding regret they are really awesome there! You won’t even notice the other weddings going on there.

Post # 60
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hi Ladies,

I am currently living on Long Island also! Just got engaged 1 week ago yesterday so exciting 🙂 We are thinking of a 2014 wedding as we unfortunately lost our home in the hurricane and need to settle our living sitatuation first before we start the logistics of a wedding.

I want to see everything Abigail Kirsch, I love her food presenation and locations are just astounding! Also want to look at Museum of Natural History. Eventi hotel in the nyc, lots of places! My brain is on overload thinking of everything that will need to be done! .

Post # 61
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@pink0815:  Flowers By Burton in Melville!

Post # 62
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hey Ladies! I’ve been engaged since 2/13/12 and the wedding is coming up this May! If you need any help at all with vendors or recommendations… feel free to write! Everything is booked and ready to go… just need the next 4 months go go faster! 

The topic ‘Is there any 2013-2014 Long Island brides anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors