(Closed) Is there any 2013-2014 Long Island brides anywhere?

posted 8 years ago in Long Island, New York
Post # 93
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Thanks y’all but I have to say I am sticking with my choice – they (family florist) have been nothing but extremely helpful and informative and I got great prices. I don’t think retail prices for a dozen roses really provides a gauge for reasonable wesiding flower prices and my betting money is that our flowers come out gorgeous and last for plenty long. Rachel, i hope you were just trying to be informative but it sure feels like you work for the florist you seem to recommend on almost all posts. If you do work there and don’t disclose that fact when recommending you are  commiting what is known as consumer fraud. As a bride who is seeking reputable vendors, that’s something I do not take lightly. I just feel like your reaction – bashing my florist and telling me to go to yours seems a bit strange. 

Post # 94
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@janessajussen:  I don’t work for them at all. I am a teacher. I have two friends who had them as their wedding florist and am using them as mine. I have seen their work and professionalism and they have been a pleasure to work with. That is all. I mean no harm… just passing along info through experience and past performance. I wish you luck and hope that everything works out. 

Post # 95
145 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@sehrler:  Those are gorgeous bouquets! I love the colors!!

Post # 96
943 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@rachash221:  thank you!

Post # 97
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Just booked our church!! September 27th, 2014: ceremony at Infant Jesus in Port Jefferson

Post # 98
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I am new to this site and excited to start getting ideas and input….I have been “shopping out” florists over the last two weeks. Boy am I tired! Tomorrow i am going to Flowers by Burton, since so many people reccommended them. I heard they base your quote not on the type of flower, but rather that the amount of flowers you require. Any one recently use them that can give me insight as to what to expect from them? I have my binder of pictures and all things bridal ready to go for my appt tomorrow so I am exicted….

Here is what I need:

Two bridal bouquets

3 bout’s

1 bm bouquet

2 wrist corsage

20 centerpieces

ceremony flowers that will also be used for the sweet heart table

loose petals for cocktail hour tables

Post # 99
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
@Victravi:  Hi I’m so sorry I haven’t been on here in so long. The florist I used is FLO NYC Events http://flonyevents.com (347) 515-4439. You can speak with Stacy or Joseph. They are both wonderful to work with and so creative.

Post # 100
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Thanks for the info!

We’re *finally* looking at some more venues. We looked at the Riviera and Thatched cottage. We’re suppose to look at Westbury Manor next weekend. Will they negoiate the price? We are finding many places to be just out of our range and I’m not sure what to do!

I don’t know if another wedding at the same time will bother me. I guess just as long as I don’t hear their music thumping as we’re doing speeches! Did you get any quotes for Friday nights or Saturday afternoons? Had you looked at any other places?

Post # 101
16 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@wearethenormal:  I am doing July 3rd so it’s not Friday or Saturday Cost. So we saved in cost for that. Plus it just happens to be that start of a 3day weekend so it’s in a sense a Friday!! All places will negotiate. Just gotta know how to do it. If your fiancée is the type to speak to quickly  tell them to sush! Take someone with you who can be very good at negotiating! I negotiated with everything!!! The venues will work with you absolutely. When it comes time for flowers I highly suggest Flowers by Burton’s! You won’t need to haggle for good prices they just give it to you right off the bat! Hope this helps ….

Post # 102
90 posts
Worker bee

Im getting married at chateau briand in June Sealed

Post # 103
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

For the Jericho Terrace brides, how many months or weeks before your wedding did they schedule you to select food and the cake?

Post # 104
3080 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@RoseGoldBride:  I’d try hidden essence for flowers. They gave me the best deal. 

Post # 105
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Long Island brides… If you have booked or looked at photographers, how much did they quote you? I went today to my first appt. and they quoted me $4500! Is that the normal price?

Post # 106
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
@Laurica:  Depends what it includes, but it’s not too far off.  Lowest quote I got was 3,000 for 2 photographers, 10 hours of coverage, 1 album and rights to all images which would be provided to us electronically. Good luck with the search, photographer was one of our most challenging vendors!

Post # 107
2152 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
@Laurica:  I knew who I wanted to book after researching photos and styles endlessly….Fiance & I are paying about 6k for photos + cinematography style video.

The topic ‘Is there any 2013-2014 Long Island brides anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors